Computers are tools that have helped society a lot, these, like other man-made artifacts, have undergone a very significant evolution, going from being immense and with irregular temperatures to being computers with a modern, sophisticated design, much more comfortable in size and with electronic components that can improve our equipment to another level.
There are currently designed computers and focused on different types of tasks and it works, this is good as it helps the user who wants to have a computer specialized in this section, be it the gaming section, editing work, programming, etc. Apart from having not only desktop computers but also laptops, these are called laptops, of which there are also several types.
Notebook, a branch of laptops.
Within the classification of laptops we can find Netbooks, Ultrabooks and among them Notebooks, this is a type of laptop centrally focused, that is, it is a laptop which can serve you in a general way in many things, its main function is to serve the user to perform many general tasks.
These Notebooks can help college students handle programs like Autocad, as well as workers focused on the design section with their image and video editing programs, typically Notebooks. they have excellent components like a good processor and good connection ports, including HDMI which allows us to connect an external monitor to our Notebook.
The difference that makes the Notebooks noticeable compared to the rest of the other laptops is their size, especially the screen size, this makes them very more portable and lighter, This adds to the fact that the rest of the Notebook is smaller as well, among them its keyboard. which comes with the new Fn key, we can activate it, in the same way we can configure the keyboard of the Notebook to our liking.
If you are a person interested in the world of computers and technology, it is very common that when you go to buy your first notebook you have doubts, which brand is the best for me? Are the specs what I need? How long do I have to let it charge the first time? Do not worry, we will explain to you how to use a notebook charging:
- As for the brand, it is up to the buyer, among many brands, Lenovo also offers quality Notebooks, moreover after buying the Notebook and having it in your hands the first thing is to turn it on, here we will see if it is already loaded or if you have to charge the opposite, a according to our case we will act.
- If the notebook is already loaded, we will use it normally by testing each of its functions, so we will know and see how our new Notebook behaves.
- When it has about 20% or less battery, some recommend plugging it in immediately, others letting it fully discharge, this second option would be good to try, so we'll know in advance how long will it last from 100% until it is completely discharged.
- After letting it discharge down to 2% or 1%, we will plug it in and see how it behaves, Notebooks generally come with a Lithium battery, a new battery that it is much more resistant and has a longer useful life than previous batteries. .
- After connecting it to the battery icon we can see how much is the estimated time before it fully charges, this way we can guide ourselves in this time and see how long it takes to charge, the common is about About 2 hours.
- If we need to use our Notebook while it is charging no problem, if on the contrary it is not necessary, we can turn it off and around the estimated time we disconnect it, turn it on and see how the battery is, we can also test configurations such as the normal use of our notebook or in energy saving mode for a longer duration.
What other care should I implement for my new notebook?
In addition to how to charge the battery, we can advise you to do the maintenance and cleaning of the files you have in your Notebook from time to time, so as not to overfill your hard drive with unnecessary files and beyond that, Editors in case of malicious files attacking our Notebook.
How to increase the battery life of my notebook
Currently, devices such as laptops and notebooks are used a lot by everyone, as they are amazing tools when it comes to working, studying, designing, playing, etc. As you know, most, if not all, they run on a battery , rechargeable, of course, the same as that of phones, but in general, with much more power.
These batteries, like the vast majority, have a useful life , because they are equipment that begins to deteriorate over time, it is inevitable, but we can always do our best to extend the useful life of our batteries a little, by following certain suggestions, we can increase your life by up to 50% in plus, which is enough.
Battery degradation is something absolutely inevitable, since these batteries are usually lithium-ion which makes them quite powerful, but as we said before, with a useful life, as they obviously haven't invented it yet. power supply system. Fortunately, as previously mentioned, battery degradation can be avoided in a number of ways, some like:
- It is important that you know that the temperature plays a very important role in the life of your device and, above all, in the life of its battery, that's why it is necessary that you do not expose your Notebook to much heat, but not very cold either. It is always advisable that these are in a shady environment, without direct contact with the sun. In general, there are devices such as the 'Cooler', which allow you to update the system of your laptop or notebook.
- It is recommended pay particular attention to battery life But with the figures, what does it mean? There are applications to monitor battery life and know its status. There are even systems that carry this option as the default, like Windows 10, for example. To access it, you will only have to display the launch bar and select the option of 'Windows PoweShell (admin). You will get a blue box, in which you will write: powercfg / batteryreport. And you will proceed to execution by pressing 'Enter'. Therefore you will open the path showing the file explorer, for example: C: Users Esteban Uzcategui battery-report.html.Finally you will scroll down a bit, until you find the "Installed Batteries" section, where you will see the original capacity (66.690 MwH, example) and the current capacity (62.800 MwH, example).
- Another important recommendation , you can delete applications that consume a lot of battery , since, a new Notebook, alone, can last several years, but by installing applications, we decrease the battery life little by little. Fortunately, Windows also has a tool to monitor this. We will only have to go to the task manager and there we can see which applications consume the most battery and which are the least.
- It is evident that every time we charge our battery, we are consuming it , so if you want to increase its duration, try not to always use it connected, as well as let it continue charging for a long time after it is at 100%. It is also important not to allow deep discharges - that is, not to let the battery levels drop below 10%.
The charge limit of a battery is something we must respect, as these batteries work in such a way that when fully charged they should not continue to be powered with energy, as that will do nothing else. than overload them . Imagine the battery as a cell, when the cell is full, it will only overflow with its contents. That content can be the load, which will strain the battery and thereby shorten its useful life.
Additional batteries, also known in many places as "Power Bank" , are widely used, as they allow most devices, such as laptops, notebooks, cell phones, etc. Charges without having to be plugged into an outlet. They typically work via USB connection and are a great way to keep the battery charged when you don't have a connector and, therefore, won't let you hit levels below 20% or 10%.
What is the best time to charge my notebook battery?
Several studies show that there is a battery limit so it can be used without requiring too much . It is recommended to keep them between 20% and 80%, since if we usually keep it above 80% we will demand too much from the lithium ion cells, so the battery will tend to wear out quickly over time. Now, if you always have it at less than 20%, you will still force it too much, as it is known that every time you charge the battery, you are wasting it, and if you charge it from less than 20%, you will ask a lot.
There are applications in able to monitor the charge of your phone , thus interrupting its charge at 80%, but if you do not have one, we advise you to be constantly aware of this detail. Yes, you can charge the battery to 100%, but you have to take special care that it does not last long by charging to 100%. Likewise, you need to be aware of when your battery is close to 20% in order to recharge it.Read How to resize an image in Photoshop without deforming it? (Example)
Does ambient temperature affect battery efficiency?
This is a fairly common question and the answer is always a resounding yes. The ambient temperature tends to directly affect the operation of our devices , especially batteries. A battery has been known to wear out very quickly when exposed to prolonged periods of heat. It is highly recommended to use a 'Cooler' or simply to use the equipment in cool, shady spaces without direct contact with the sun.
As we make clear throughout the article, batteries have a useful life and it is not possible to interrupt this process, but if you can delay it, that is why we strongly recommend that you follow all the suggestions read above, so that it is the battery, like yours. notebook or laptop, they work best.