Welcome! In case you've recently purchased a Chromecast device and aren't very clear on what you should do to get the most out of it, you've come to the right place. Later we will tell you in detail about an interesting function of this device which few take into account.
We will basically teach you how to set up your Chromecast with your PC or Android to cast your PC screen to a Smart TV with Chromecast , which can be a bit confusing at first. However, in this post we have prepared a small guide with which you can solve all the doubts you have about this function.
When you finish reading this post, you will become an expert and thus you will be able to enjoy Chromecast even more, which will undoubtedly make your life a little more comfortable. What are you waiting for?
Instructions to cast my PC screen to a Smart TV with Chromecast
Next, in this section we will show you everything you need to do to watch videos or movies from your PC screen on a Smart TV using a device chromecast . Honestly, it's a simple process that won't take much time.
- To get started, all you have to do is open Chrome on your PC and select the three vertically aligned dots at the top right of the window.
- Then click on the option that says "Send" and you will see how a window opens through which you can quickly connect to the Chromecast device.
- Now you have to select the option "Send" located in the blue Chromecast device connection bar so that you can see the options available for sharing content from your PC to your TV screen.
- We remind you that the default option is "Send card". However, you can select the "Send Desktop" option and that way you can use the TV come monitor .
- After choosing any of the above options, you will be redirected to the previous window where you have to click on the name of your Chromecast device.
Note: To take full advantage of the functionality of your Chromecast, we recommend that you always update the software to the latest version available.
- So before you start share content from your PC on your TV, we will have a preview of the contents that will be projected on the TV. You can also remove the "Share Audio" option in this step.
- Finally, you just have to click on the "Share" option and after a few seconds you will be able to see how the PC content is projected on the TV.
- You have to take into account that there is a delay of at least one second before you see what you are doing on the TV computer.
- Another important information is that when you choose the option " Submit card " You will only share the tab you have active in your browser on your TV. This way you won't have to show everything you do on your computer, just specific things so you can further protect your privacy.
Benefits of having a Chromecast device
One of the main advantages of this wonderful device is that we can see photos which are uploaded to the Google cloud a full screen . This is useful when we are with our friends or family and we want to show them in detail the photos of a recent trip, a wedding or simply a special event.
On the other hand, you can also use the TV as a monitor when you enjoy our favorite video games. Without a doubt this can be a valid alternative for those gamers who want to make the most of the details of video games so as not to overlook anything.
We can also use the Chromecast to project presentations made in Google PowerPoint, which is very useful both in the working day and in the student day.
Another advantage of these devices is that we can enjoy ours YouTube favorite video or from any other platform, since we can install and connect Chromecast to a Wi-Fi network . This is very common these days as many users prefer to watch their favorite streams in high resolution and from the comfort of their couch.
We're done for today! If you liked this information, do not hesitate to share it with all your contacts through social networks. Soon!