Through this guide we will teach you very easily how to change computer username in windows 10 , this way you can completely customize your username on your computer.
Before we start, don't confuse what we will show below with creating an account in Windows Live ID, because this time we will rely solely on the options that the system presents us offline.
Change your account username in Windows 10
Fortunately, the Windows 10 operating system offers us many customization options. Thanks to this we can change many aspects related to our preferences. It's possible change username very easily.
In any case, the following tutorial is designed specifically if you are already logged in and are in the user account you want to rename. If so, please follow the steps below.
- The first thing to do is go to the Windows Start menu. Once you are there, look for " Control Panel ".
- Once you are inside the Control Panel, you need to do the following. At the top right of the screen is the search engine, there you write " User Accounts "or look for the option directly from the options that appear.
- You have to click on " User Accounts "which will take you to the editing center for operating system accounts. Here you will see the option" Change account name ", click this option.
- The window to change your account name will appear, just go to the text box and write the name you want to have in your account.
- After writing it, click on " Change the name "and it's so easy to complete the process.
Can I change my computer username in Windows multiple times?
There are no restrictions on changing your username in Windows. In fact, you can repeat the process as many times as you want. In any case, to perform the procedure it will be necessary to have previously logged in, which involves the login with your password .
On the other hand, remember that there is also the option to remove a user's password in Windows. Something that might be useful if you don't want to go through the (sometimes tedious) password setting process every time you log into your computer, but remember that your security may be limited.
Common reasons for changing username in Windows 10
There are a number of reasons why changing your username becomes a necessity or a good thing. Perhaps, the first reason or reason for changing username in Windows 10 is that you are not comfortable with it .
It is common for people to change their minds, so remember that there is a chance to make this change without major inconvenience. Even so, there are other times when making the change is completely necessary, such as in case you have made a mistake .
In addition to everything shown above, if you want to create new user accounts in Windows, you may need to change the name, in case you have entered a generic name. By making this change, you will be in degree of determine who owns each team tally.
In any case, regardless of the reason, remember that you can change your username in Windows 10 at any time, that's enough follow the steps in the guide that we showed you earlier. At the same time, remember that customization goes way beyond what we have mentioned, in fact you can delete a user or administrator account in Windows 10 and other actions very easily.Read How to View and Fix Notes on My iPhone or iPad Screen