In today's article we will explain how to convert a PDF in one DWG file editable online. Let's start by knowing a little about the characteristics of both files. We will then show you the websites you can visit to convert them.
How to convert a PDF to an editable DWG file online
What are PDF and DWG files and what are they for?
PDF is a format composed of vector images , bitmaps and text. The meaning of its acronym in English is ¨Portable Document Format¨ which translated means ¨Portable Document Format¨.
It is widely used in companies, institutions and by the general public because its digital format view is maintained during printing. Among its main features we have:
- È multiplatform. This means that the original document maintains its appearance and structure, regardless of which desktop or mobile operating system it is used.
- It can be encrypted for added security.
- It is free and we can also send PDF documents to our contacts by email, WhatsApp or Telegram.
- It is used as a legal document when required, as it can be digitally signed and configured as non-editable.
- The document can contain a combination of text, video, sound, link, etc.
- You can create PDF files of different types: image-only files, untagged documents, tagged documents, and electronic forms.
Image-only files are, in a nutshell, photographs. I am useful when the document must be faithful to an original version, such as an invoice.
In the case of documents without labels, they are those that do not require codes for future searches for them on the Internet. Instead, marked documents are those that can be easily found on the web.
Electronic forms are editable PDF documents, where you can record data entered directly from the keyboard or copied from other files. These can be password protected and can also be published on the internet.
Let's talk now about file DWG , these represent the database files of autocad drawings. They are generally used by architects, designers and engineers due to their ability to store 2D and 3D images created in the aforementioned program or something similar.
A fairly common problem is that DWG files cannot always be opened due to compatibility issues between the file and the program, but there are several tools that will help you with your goal. The programs with which you can open DWG files are:
- Autodesk Viewfinder
- DWG trueView
- Adobe Illustrator
- Revision of the project
- Ashampoo photo commander
All of these programs are free and will give you the view you need for your DWG files. Next we will show you how to convert the first file we talked about, PDF, into an online editable DWG file.
How to convert a PDF file to an editable DWG file online
On the web you will find various sites or pages for convert PDF files to editable DWG files. We will present some step-by-step proposals that will facilitate the process.
- ABViewer Enterprise PDF to DWG Converter for PC. To use this website and convert PDF files online, all you have to do is enter the portal and use the free online service. You will notice a box with the following message: ¨Drop the PDF file (up to 3MB)¨ . This is one way to upload your document, but you'll also see an "Add File" button if you want to upload it this way.
- Onlineconvertfree.com. Without registration , you can convert a PDF file to an editable DWG file or to any of over 250 formats available. It is a secure resource with an advanced level of SSL encryption which it promises to instantly delete the PDF file and convert it to DWG after 24 hours.
- Anyconv.com. With this site it will be possible to convert your document in just three steps. The first duplicates the file: I press ¨Choose file¨ to load it from your computer. The second step is to convert the document from PDF a DWG : click on ¨Converti¨ . The third step is to download it. You can also convert other files to DWG on this site, such as DWF, DXF, JPG and SVG.
Finally, we recommend that you read this other related article where we will show you how to convert an EDRW file to DWG for free in minutes.