You are one of the people who loves to draw both people and objects in pencil and would like capture it in digital format . Well, you find that, if possible, you can convert a photo or image into a pencil drawing in Photoshop in a professional way. With Photoshop, you don't have to limit yourself, anything you can imagine can be created with this ideal image editor for you.
Therefore, if you want to know what steps you should take to convert a photograph or image into a pencil drawing in Photoshop, read on.
How to get a professional pencil drawing with Photoshop
In this section of this guide, we will explain what the first steps are for get a professional pencil drawing with Photoshop. Also, you can edit photos in Photoshop, and give your personal touch to the drawing, following the following steps that we will indicate:
- Right-click and choose the duplicate layer option.
Desaturate, Invert, Dodge Color and Blur the image
Next, we will have to desaturate, invert, overexpose color and blur the copy we created of our photograph and take the following steps.
- First we will have to desaturate the image .
- Go to the top menu and select, Image> Adjustment> Desaturation.
- You can also use the Shift + CTRL + U keyboard trick.
- Next, we proceed to duplicate the layer that we have already desaturated.
- We hold down the layer and at the same time type CTRL + J again.
- Now let's reverse the last copy that we created.
- We select the menu at the top and then image> settings> invert.
- If you want, you can use the CTRL + I trick.
- Subsequently, we will switch from blending mode to Color Dodge .
- Select the menu that opens above the layers, which you will find in normal mode.
- Among the drop-down options, we have to choose to dodge the color.
- Now let's move on to converting the layer to a smart object .
- We right-click on the layer and choose the alternative "Convert to smart object".
- After these steps, we must apply Gaussian blur at the level.
Important fact: Did you know that with the Photoshop application you can restore a faded, old and stained photo in just a few steps. why don't you try it?
Use a grid with Photoshop
This is a trick, which will allow you to give the your design a look da pencil drawing adding a grid sheet.
- Next, we select CTRL + T to change the size of the grid to that of the drawing.
We hope these steps are helpful for you te e create excellent designs with Photoshop , you could even create a photo collage with this application.