Looking to advance one step further in your domain of the dominant office tools in the market, we will teach you how to create a mind map in PowerPoint, step by step, quickly and easily.
Because if what you are looking for is to add content to your resume, this article could help you. By learning more and more uses of PowerPoint, you will be able to impress companies in your job interviews. Well, currently, everyone appreciates knowledge in the area of office automation and prefers to hire skilled employees.
Of course, PowerPoint isn't the only one important office software, in addition to this we can obtain and install the complete package of Microsft Office. We would also like you to review the guides for other Microsoft Office family programs, as they have similar interfaces but really different and useful functions.
Both the word processor and the Excel spreadsheet are the pillars of modern office work, just like PowerPoint.
What you need to do is invest some money, be able to download and install Microsoft PowerPoint, and then practice as you read our tips. Don't worry, it's one big bet on your future e on your training as a creative worker.
What is a concept map?
Concept maps are simple graphs, which show a summary of a specific topic. They are used to develop topics for a business meeting or a lesson, while the people who listen to us can appreciate the illustrative element and remain fascinated.
Also, to make a good concept map, you need to pay special attention to relationships between concepts that will be treated, in order to merge them correctly.
They have a certain resemblance to the words organization charts, or rather, organization charts are a particular type of concept map , where the subject is the hierarchy of a company or institution.
Read How to Easily Share Kindle Books from One Family Member to Another (Example)
Steps to create a creative mind map in PowerPoint
- Start thinking and designing your concept map on paper. Shaping it manually quickly will help you visualize the result you want to achieve in PowerPoint and the options you will need to use for it.
- Open the program and, on the slide you create for your mind map, go to the Design Concept menu. On the right there will be an option called Slide Size, which you will use depending on how you have modeled your map. Perhaps a long sheet is best, as the concept maps are from top to bottom.
- Also on the part of the Design, you have the possibility to customize the enthusiast or the your slide using the background format of the instrument. Make sure you don't load it too much, remember that the important thing is to easily view the information.
- In the Insert concepts menu, you need to choose the Shapes option and choose one to act as box for each of the texts , preferably rectangles. Assign the size of the rectangles, depending on the importance they have and the density of the content you will insert.
- Click on each shape to view the menu Format . There, you will have the option to give them different background colors, border thickness and so on.
- Right-clicking on the rectangles will bring up a menu with the option Edit text , which you will use to insert the content. Try not to be too much, concept maps are summaries. You can customize it to your liking.
- Relate each concept by joining the rectangles with lines, which are placed from the menu Insert -> Shapes .
- Pay close attention to the harmony of colors, between the slide background, the rectangles and the text.
Concept map pre-designed in PowerPoint
If you prefer to save your previous work yourself, you can use a concept map already available in the program. It will be sufficient to access the concepts menu Inserisci , and choose the instrument SmartArt . In the window that appears, you will go to the category Hierarchy , where you will select the model you like best.
Once entered, you will need to write the lyrics in each box. These texts and boxes are also customizable, from the menu Format .