Slack is one of the visual tools currently most used in online businesses or small businesses, as it is one of the simplest and most organized ways to perform various automated daily tasks. This tool offers the opportunity to make business decisions instant as it collects all information from conversations and documents in one place.
Likewise, Slack allows you to communicate and converse via chat with a work team in real time, immediately developing an effective work relationship. Now, do you want to know how to create and calculate your work activities with Slack? Then follow us.
Slack What 's it?
It is a versatile app, similar to WhatsApp Business, through this tool you can communicate in real time with your colleagues, clients or work teams, without the need to use institutional mail, all via live chat. It integrates a wide variety of tools and the best social networks such as: Twitter, Skype, Facebook, Instagram, Google Drive, Dropbox, MailChimp, in others.
What is a Slack channel?
And where both the work and the communication of the team, del client, colleagues, etc. That is, it is a central site where everyone can share documents and different types of information.
Channels are the means by which Slack can divide different information into different parts of work teams and different topics called thread posts; similar function to Twitter threads.
This is where that slack configure various computerized tasks with many steps to post them later, which you can change at any time you want.
Create and automate tasks with the Slack flow generator
Follow these simple and practical steps:
- Enter the slack website, then click on register, enter your work email or google, if you are new and using a code that you will receive in the email provided, proceed to register by following the on-screen instructions. If you are already registered, click "Access an existing workspace"
- You should now open a Slack workspace menu, search for Tools and choose "Workflow Generator"
- Click create a workspace
- You should immediately give it a title that describes your workflow
- Click Next, now as the trigger choose "new channel member"
- Go to "tool" and choose "Workflow Generator"
- Click "create"
- Now you need to give it a title that describes your workflow.
- Click Next, now opt for the "new channel member" trigger
- Choose as a recipient "The person who joined the channel"
- Now write a nice greeting, you can also customize it.
- Finally, you just have to press on publish and voila, it will start starting immediately, the times when a new member joins the intended channel.
Uso de Slack
This great tool allows the people of a work group to carry out or perform in a unified way different tasks quickly and efficiently.
Workflows are started with a trigger, which in some cases generates an instant workflow and others are simply started by the person performing a certain action, which must be chosen from the context menu. It has a free and paid version , choose the one that best suits your needs.
What to do to participate in a slack workflow?
- If a member of the workflow sends you an invitation, you accept and that's it.
- You can also add yourself directly using your company-assigned email (institutional email).
- You can also participate by finding spaces based on your email address.
What you need to know about Slack channels
- Channels can be organized by team, customer or according to your needs.
- As for the message threads, this will allow you to have all chats both organized and focused on a particular one channels topic .
- Each member can join or leave channels as often as they wish.
- Finally, slack will keep your team working with effective productivity and you will save time, as it will keep them connected in real time, and you can also create and computerize activities with Slack in a simple and useful way.