As create o create an android application with Netbeans? What steps should I follow to set up a project in the program? What are the requirements to build or create an Android application with Netbeans?
Most mobile phones currently use Android systems, so Android applications are the first to position themselves on the market ( before iOS applications ). The Android system is mainly made up of Java code, so Java application developers have the ability to take advantage of this situation.
Today in miracomosehace we offer you a quick and easy tutorial in so that you can take your first steps in developing and configuring applications for Android systems.
- What is NetBeans and what is it for?
- Download NetBeans for Android
- How to setup Android on NetBeans
- Create a button on NetBeans
- Convert a Netbeans project to an APK
- Examples of mobile applications in NetBeans
- Steps to start a project or create an Android application
What is NetBeans and what is it for?
Netbeans is a program developed to run a programming language , mainly the one built into Java.
It is a free application, with no limitations of use, which has a complete package of features, is easy to use and is open source . In addition, it has a varied extension of modules that allow you to work with the different Java variants.
Among its features, we can highlight: an automatic memory management, it is multiplatform being able to work with an extended language such as Java. It contains tools for integrated use, a framework wizard and has packages that they give access to implement other programming languages come PHP.
Download NetBeans for Android
To download this program, originally for Windows, we need to look for a page that contains the application in APK format . Once we have found a reliable page, we download the application.
Our mobile will give a warning for the file type and a small window will open confirming if we want to download it, we will click on "accept" and the download will begin. Once downloaded, it will ask us for one check for installation , click "OK" again and in a few seconds we will have the application available.Read What are the best launchers to customize my Android phone?
It is important that before the download we have disabled the option of "Unknown sources" in the settings of our mobile phone. To do this we will go to 'Settings'> 'Security'> 'Device administration'. There we will find the option activated, then we will deactivate it.
How to setup Android on NetBeans
To configure Android in this program, we need to download a plugin which allows us to implement the functions of Android. Once we have found the one that suits our needs, let's follow these steps:
- We will open the NetBeans program and go to the "Tools" section and when the tab appears, we will click on "Plugins".
- A window will open and we will go to 'Settings' where it will show us the configuration of the update centers; We will click on the "Add" option in the lower right corner.
- Here, it will show us a tab in which we have to enter the name and URL of the respective portal that we have chosen, once we have entered this data, we mark 'OK'.
- At this point we will have added the portal, and in the 'Available plugins' tab we will see that the plugin we have implemented is marked and then click on 'Install'. A verification tab will open and we will click "Next", we accept the certificates that the plugin has with the "Continue" option.
- Once downloaded, it will ask us to restart the program (it gives us the option to do this now or later) and we will accept by selecting 'Finish'.
- After rebooting, we will go to the 'Tools' tab and a new option will appear related to the plugin we have installed; we will click.
- Again, go to the "Tools"> "Plugins"> "Available Plugins" window and click on the "Check for Latest" option.
- Here we will select all the plugins related to the plugin we implement, click "Install", confirm what we will install with "Next", then accept the terms and conditions of the license.
9. Finally, after installation, it will ask us to accept the plugin certificates and restart the program again. With this we will have finished the process.
Create a button on NetBeans
Now that you have created your Android application with Netbeans, you can constantly configure it. Among the first types of configuration and customization there are the buttons.
A button is essential in any application, it allows the user to move to other sections, advance in the application and save the desired settings.
To add a button in NetBeans you have to re-enter the project you created and on the right side locate the 'Palette' section. In the drop-down menu that will appear on the screen you have to select 'Swing commands' and then 'Button'.
To add it to your application you have to drag it to the drawing area of your project. This way you will have added a button to your application. You can change its font, color and size with the "Label" option located on the right side of the program.
Convert a Netbeans project to an APK
Creating an Android app isn't as difficult as some people make it seem. With Netbeans it's extremely simple thanks to its friendly interface. Netbeas is one of the best tools for developing Android mobile applications thanks to its Java code.
The first step to creating an app or video game from scratch without knowing how to program is to download the Netbeans program. To download Netbeans you must first install the Oracle program and create an account there, all you need is an email. Likewise, you will need to install the JDK and the JRE system using a PPA system as a repository.
Once you have each of the necessary programs, you need to go to the official Netbeans page and download the option it indicates 'Binaries: incubating-netbeans-11.0-bin.zip (SHA-512, PGP ASC)'.
Read How to connect and configure my PlayStation 5 (PS5) DualSense controller to my PC
When the installation is finished you just have to unzip the file and run the program ' netbeands_jdkhome' . In this way the Netbeans program will be ready to be used.
Examples of mobile applications in NetBeans
One of the most popular games today that revolutionized the world of video games by taking the open world to another level is the well-known Minecraft . As many of you know, it is a game created using the Java language. Also, various tools like Eclipse IDE, IntelliJ IDEA and the one mentioned in this NetBeans article are used.
Steps to start a project or create an Android application
Once you have the Netbeans program, to create or create an application for Android you have to open the program and select the 'New project' option. And add a name for your new project or application.
After giving it a name, you need to click "Finish". Now you just have to enter the project you created and start setting it up. When you click on the project name, a number of options should appear, among which you will need to click on 'default package'.
In the list of options that appears on the screen you have to click on the one that indicates 'Java package'. In this way a new package will be created, inside this package there is the option 'JfFrameForm'. Clicking on this option will open a canvas to start creating and designing the program.
Inside the canvas you can add and configure buttons , letters, zoom in or out to the size you want for your application, choose colors, add hyperlinks, and hundreds of other options.
This is the basic way to create any type of application for Android systems. In turn, once you have finished editing your application, you can upload your projects created in NetBeans to GitHub.