Programs are updated with more and more tools, not only to become one of the most comprehensive, but also for simplify the process of creating objects and drawings .
Adobe Illustrator, the essentials
In this sense, the perfect program for this type of work is undoubtedly Adobe Illustrator. This product from Adobe Inc, launched in 1987, is one of the most popular vector graphics editors in the world.
In this program, in the form of a workshop, you work on a drawing board or work table to create different types of digital illustrations . It stands out for the versatility of its tools, as well as for the simplicity of its interface.
One of the results of advances and demands when it comes to design is the flat icons . These elements have created such a trend that a great design or illustration is no longer needed, but one flat or minimalist graphics it can be sufficient .
Through these icons you can set different types of effects and details , such as shadows, 3D effects, among others.
How to create flat icons from Adobe Illustrator
This time you will be able to learn a little about the creation and on flat icon design using the tools Adobe Illustrator offers for it, so you can see how easy it can be, let your creativity and imagination fly.
Process of creating a flat icon
The first thing to do to get started design flat icon is to go to the Adobe Illustrator ribbon, click on the "File" tab, create a new file and:
- In the "New File" box, you will need to determine the size . Adobe Illustrator settings will show you the size of 300 pixels by 300 pixels. However, the size of a flat icon can be up to 32 pixels. Remember that it is a minimalist design , but, if you want to practice, you can choose other size.
- Select the shape for your icon. It can be a square, circular, oval, triangular icon, etc. You can use Adobe Illustrator's object tool to test.
- Defines the fill and outline colors.
Division of the form
You can add anchor points and enable smart guiding if you want the shape or object you are using for your design to split according to the shape you want to give it. To activate smart driving you have to:
- Go to the "Options" ribbon and click the "View" tab.
- Click on the "Smart Guide" option.
- This way, you will be able to select various points of the object or the figure that is part of your design
- To remove the anchor points you don't need, use the selection tool, hold down the Shift key and select the points you want to remove.
- In the options bar you will have the button that will allow you to finish by deleting the anchor points.
- Change the position of the remaining anchor points so you can define the shape you are looking for in your project.
The separation of the points
Once you're done defining the anchor points needed for your design, it's time to split shape to get the result you've been waiting for. To do this, you will need to use the Pathfinder option:
- Select the design and click on the Pathfinder option or go to the ribbon, click on the Window tab and then click on the Pathfinder option.
- Click Split and then the Object tab to select the Ungroup option. This way, you can select the part of the design you want to move.
- Group the object again so that you can get the solid drawing again.
What remains, from this point on, is to use the other tools of Adobe Illustrator to finish with the design of your flat icon, setting backgrounds and effects, such as, for example, the shadow.
Read How to create a route on Google Maps with multiple stops or destinations on Android and iOS