For many, using an application with which to edit photos like a pro has become a priority taking into account the latest trends seen in the different social networks that are used in 2020.
Whether it's for a trend, to give your photos a specific aesthetic or to joke with your friends, these mobile apps are always with us.
This has created great competition within an industry that is growing every day, hence the developers of these uses they looked for creative ways through which they could find a new filter or a new way to interact with the photos you took.
How to create video effects with FaceApp using After Effects
Until a couple of years ago many thought that everything possible was done in terms of photo editing, until FaceApp, the application that has an aged effect, was released.
This is an application through which you can totally radically change the appearance of the person in the photograph.
Through one complex artificial intelligence, a cloud to store data and some filters, an application has been found that makes you look old, of the opposite sex and so much more.
In fact, with FaceApp there are many ways to have fun and experience what you see on the screen and then spread it on your social networks.
However, the face transformation process that FaceApp performs is quite complex, so you can limit some images and how they are edited, for example if there is more than one person in the image or if you are wearing a hat.Read Solution: "I can't see who sees my Instagram Stories" on my mobile
Also, it is currently not possible apply this filter to our videos, no matter how much we want, but there is always a way to do it.
Given the latter, today we will teach you through a simple tutorial how to make this same FaceApp effect on a video of your choice with the use of AfterEffects.
The FaceApp effect with AfterEffects
Anything is possible in our life if we try hard enough; That's why, although something may seem impossible, our ingenuity can end up making it possible.
Although FaceApp does not have the ability to pass our videos through its program; it is possible to do the exact same effect in AfterEffects, and by these we mean using After Effects to make a video.
A video from FaceApp
To make a FaceApp video, you need to use AfterEffects, and eventually you will have the option to do it with any video through this step by step:
- First, open the video you want to convert with the filter Faceapp in AfterEffects, then drag the video onto the compose button to work on it.
- Then, convert your video to square format for easier working and add a frame counter by checking the number of frames per second of your video and then convert it to a sequence JPEG in the output options.
- Now, with the help of the frames per second counter, you have to pass each photo you have rendered through the FaceApp application until you have all the photos with the filter that you want the video to have.
- Finally, take all the photos and put them on together using AfterEffects, essentially putting them back in frame format to the second original. Remember that you can do this in the same window where you did the first steps to remove the frames per second counter.
- Also note that you can use the mask tool, as opposed to the original video , in order to have a better resolution around the face and with a grainy effect to have a better final quality in the project.