McAfee is software developed with the aim of establishing itself in the backbone of an operating system for manage the safety and security of processes that develop logically or digitally on an IT level.
In this sense, McAfee is an app that was born with the aim of fight malicious programs and generate the necessary digital shields to avoid the risk of dangers attacking your computer.
How to disable or uninstall McAfee on PC or MAC temporarily or forever
For this to be taken into consideration, all possible risks that it means not having malicious activities or extensions like McAfee on your pc. However, in some cases it is necessary to uninstall this app, for any reason, temporarily or permanently, if this is your case, we will provide you with the necessary information here.
How to uninstall or permanently remove McAfee on PC or MAC?
To permanently remove the antivirus from your pc, proceed as follows:
- For both PC and MAC, you need to download or activate the trial version of the uninstaller which you get from the official McAfee website. In this way the antivirus is removed permanently and safely.
- Once this uninstaller is downloaded, it is installed and run, bearing in mind that it must be run as the administrator of the computer.
- The steps indicated by the program are followed, that is, as the windows are displayed, the uninstall options are chosen and the conditions of use of the program are accepted.
- A appears in the last box or window verification or validation box , where you have to write the characters that the system supplies. Performing this step initiates the permanent deletion. This can take more than a minute, you will need to be patient.
- Finally, the system indicates that the computer must be restarted . And McAfee will be completely removed from your PC or MAC
Temporarily uninstall McAfee on a PC
In case you wish temporarily disable McAfee , either because you want to install a program, or because it is deleting the documents you download or whatever the reason is. It is very easy and quick to do it.
First: open the McAfee program from your PC desktop and press the settings icon, located in the upper right part of the main application screen,
Second: Next scroll through the list of alternatives that is displayed, you must be in the section that says "Security for your PC".
In this section you have to disable two options: the first is the one it says "Real time analysis" and the second is what it says "Firewall" , give each of them where it says activated, you must first deactivate one and then the other option, in the figure that indicates the tip of an arrow, a click window will open where it says disable.
Immediately another window will open there asking you when you want to resume the analysis in real time? Choose from the list of options the one that best suits your needs. It can be 30 minutes, when I restart the computer, etc.
Afterwards, once you have chosen the option, click on deactivate. Then close all the windows that appear open and start the same process but with the second option "Firewall", voilà , McAfee is temporarily disabled for the time you have chosen.
How to temporarily disable MAC McAfee?
In the case of MAC, the process for temporarily disable McAfee it is similar to the step described above. The only difference is that the program is probably in English. So you need to use a program browser to quickly log into McAfee and follow the steps outlined above.
Read What is a computer system and what is it for? Parts and types
Finally, if you want delete or disable for whatever reason a program or application on your PC or MAC, you have to go to the system settings menu and in the programs and apps option select the one you want to remove and click disable.
However, there are sometimes programs that cannot be deleted via the system settings panel, which requires additional software to complete the process. This is the case with McAfee, so you have to follow the steps given here to be able to permanently remove it.