Ever since the Internet has come and been established in each of the large computers, the our lives have changed and they are very different from how they were before, currently we can communicate with anyone in the world simply by pressing our screen, making live broadcasts, sending messages through platforms such as social networks, even studying online in a virtual room or module.
The internet has revolutionized the way we consume entertainment, first we waited for a movie premiere at the cinema, we went to see it and if we wanted to see it again we had to pay our admission again, currently we are providing service of content such as series, movies, which we can see from the comfort of our home, as well as virtual stores and other platforms.
What are online stores?
With how great the internet is as a tool, we can have it everything at your fingertips only with a mobile device, computer, Smart TV, etc. Whether it's communicating, enjoying a movie, watching our favorite streammer on Twitch or using virtual stores or those of our mobile phones or some very popular ones via our computer, they have a lot to offer.
There are many online stores and they all respond to a single goal, offer its users applications and tools that are satisfactory or to their liking, an example can be the online stores of our phones, stores such as the App Store or Google Play Store, these have an extremely large catalog of applications of all kinds, focused on categories such as design, beauty , sports, games, movies, etc.
But currently on the market, just as there are stores for our devices, there are also online stores on the our computers, who every day try to stock up on a captivating and original catalog to attract consumers, in order to use their store and download or pay for exclusive content, among these we can see from the Windows store to larger ones such as Epic Games or Steam .
Read How to remove or uninstall applications and programs from a Mac OS X
What is Steam?
Steam self-catalogs itself as an ultimate online gaming platform, it is responsible for distributing online video games through its application, this was created by the Valve Corporation, you probably know it as the company that developed games such as Half Life or the famous Counter Strike, a game that swept away at the time and has since been one of the most popular games of the 2000s.
Steam currently has a catalog with approx more than 30.000 games published, where you will find renowned games such as CyberPunk, The Witcher, Tomb Raider, Forza Horizon 4, among others, also novelties such as independent games created by small users or studios, since Steam also gives you the opportunity, if you are a creator, to publish even your video game on the platform.
It is also known for having constant packages of unique offers, recurring updates for your games and for having one of the largest communities in the gaming world, where we can add and meet friends, you can also share games on Steam and play at the same time, talk while you play, among other Steam features it is a great opportunity if you are looking for video games, follow us to find out how to get it.
How to download and install Steam?
- The first thing we need to do is create an account on the Steam platform, this is essential to get the service, have your basic information at your fingertips such as your email and phone number, we also recommend that once you have Steam you enable two-step verification for added security.
- After creating our account on the Steam site we can download the installer.
- Once downloaded, the following is install the application Steam, for this, we run the installer that was downloaded to our Steam PC.
- The Steam installer will open, the next step is accept your license agreement.
- Then a we select our language which by default would be marked as Spanish.
- Then the installer will ask us where we want to install Steam, the ideal would be on our local hard drive in the folder "Programs", after confirming the installation path, Steam will be installed in a few minutes and that's it.