The advantage that Python has over other programming languages is how easy it can be interpreted to create applications . It is just as easy to download the executable from its official website to install and use it in Windows.
Although Python has its origins in the 80s, it is still a language of programming oriented towards objects that is current. It is used to create programs, games and websites.
As a Windows user, you have the option to download and install Python from Microsoft Store . From the store it uses a basic interpreter called Python3 which makes the installation process much easier.
Automatic updates of the application are also obtained from the store. Now if you want to do the installation yourself, the first thing you need to do is check the version of your Windows , whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Press the Windows + Break keys to see the system data
- Find the version of the operating system named System Type
- Open a browser and go to the official Python page to download the installation file. Select the one that matches your PC version
How to install Python
If you have a version of Windows 7 or an older version of Windows installed on your PC, that's better install all Windows updates in precedence. If the system is not up to date it can generate an installation error, especially Python versions 3.6 onwards.
If installation errors still occur after the upgrade, it is best to install a version of Python earlier than 3.6.
- After downloading the installation file, double-click the file to start the installation or launch from the download dialog page
- The installation launch window opens in which you need to select Install launcher for all users (recommended) and Add Python 3.6 to PATH box
- Click the button Install now o Install now
- If you decide to perform a custom installation, click Customize installation .
- Select the functionalities Python you want to install and click the Next button.
- Choose the path in which will be installed for Python. the default is "C: Python25", but you can substitute "C:" to make it easier to write the address in the interpreter
- Wait a few minutes for the installation process to complete. Press the button end to close the installer.
Using Python for the first time
Now it remains to check whether the installation has no faults. Open the console (CMD) and type the command python or python3, so that the installed version of Python is displayed.
- $ python3
Python 3.8.5 (...)
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
If you are going to use Python in a programming environment GIT shared , can be a very useful tool. It allows you to save projects in open source places like GitHub.
It has a detailed log of all code changes and has a own list of commands incorporated. Download GIT from its official website and start the installation process. Leave all configuration options by default if you don't know how the application works.
Install the Visual Studio code
It is a development environment with IntelliSense built-in, very useful if you are just starting to code. It detects syntax errors in your code and has technical support for debugging, which means it shows errors when you run the program.
VS Code has its own console or terminal for running Python commands. Also, you can customize your environment and extensions run in separate processes, making sure the editor doesn't run slowly.