Instagram is a very complete social network that offers its users excellent functions, such as live broadcasting or making video calls; but if you are visiting this post it is because it was difficult for you to make video calls; Don't worry, we're going to teach you today how to fix the error when carry out easily a video call on Instagram .
Steps to fix the error when making a video call on Instagram:
The error that shows up on Instagram during video calls can be generated for various reasons, so we will show you several solutions you can put into practice to solve the problem. These are the steps to follow in each case:
The first thing to do is check the Wi-Fi or mobile data connection ; as if you have a weak or unstable signal this can affect the connection of your video call.
Restart the mobile:
Restart your mobile device ; While this solution may seem simple and impractical, many errors that appear on mobile devices can be solved simply by turning off and on the computer.
Update the application:
Frequently updating the Instagram application is important because you can enjoy the new version and latest features (it is essential to update all applications downloaded on the mobile). To do this, go to Google Play or App Store and check if there are any pending updates for Instagram; If there is an update, apply it and restart your mobile when finished.
Check that you have granted all permissions to the application, i.e. if you have the location, the camera and microphone active ; If these are inactive in the Instagram application, you will have problems during the video call. This is what you should do to verify permissions:
Read How to send an anonymous email with attachment without being tracked
- Go to option "Settings" in the main menu of your mobile device.
- You will see several options on the select screen "Applications and notifications" (on some devices it is "Application Manager").
- Now you will see all the applications downloaded on your mobile, search and select the Instagram app.
- Within the app information click on "Permissions" , check if the camera and microphone are active; If these options are enabled, the switch will be on the right side and will be green.
Clear the Instagram cache:
Applications store data or files on the mobile phone which they then use to run faster, although this is good for the functioning of the app, there may come a time when this information saturates the application and starts to fail; here's why you need to clear the cache:
- Access the option "Settings" located in the main menu of the mobile.
- Click on the option "Applications and notifications" . On some devices, "Application Manager" appears.
- Find and select the Instagram app.
- In the new screen select "Storage".
- Click the button Grey "Clear cache" .
If the problem persists, uninstall the application and reinstall it on your mobile device; This method is useful when the application fails frequently, uninstalling and installing is like restarting the app, you should know that with this method you will not lose your publications or followers .
Report the problem:
If after performing the previous steps the error persists during video calls, report the problem to Instagram technical support; You can easily do this from your account, but this method should be your last option. Follow these steps:
- Log into your Instagram account. If you have forgotten your password, you can still log in easily.
- Click on your profile picture or avatar.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Select "Settings" .
- Find and click "Help" .
- Now you need to select the option "Report a problem" .
- In the pop-up window select "Report a problem".
- Write the problem and click on «Submit».
Follow the above steps and easily fix the error generated by Instagram during video calls; Whether you use Instagram from your PC or mobile, don't stop being in touch with your friends and family. We will give you 5 tips that will help you make quality video calls.
Tips for making video calls:
- Choose places with one good lighting .
- Avoid places with a lot of noise as communication will be difficult.
- Clean the room.
- Do not use other apps during the video call.
- The camera should be up to par eyes.