Interested in knowing if some of your programs are taking up a lot or little space on your hard drive? No problem, because today we will show you how to easily know how much space programs are taking up in windows 10 ; also in this article we will start by explaining what are the advantages of knowing it.
Also, if you want to know how to block a hard drive from accessing the taskbar in Windows 10, you can do it with this article.
How to easily know how much space programs are taking up in Windows 10
What are the benefits of knowing how much space programs take up in Windows 10?
Know how much space your programs or applications take up hard drive Windows 10 offers you a number of benefits, as we show you below:
- You will be able to know whether the hard drive is reaching its memory limit or not, because if it is at limit of his memory it may affect the performance of your computer.
- Eliminate unnecessary or useless files, as well as programs that take up a lot of storage space on your computer.
- Freeing up space on your hard drive will allow you to manage your space well, so that your computer can work more smooth and therefore correct, avoiding errors in the system or when using programs and applications.
How can you tell how much space your programs take up if you have Windows 10 installed?
Now that you know the importance of knowing how much space your programs take up in Windows 10 and whether you recently migrated to Windows 10 or have been using this operating system for some time, we want to help you know how much space your programs take up ; We will easily explain it to you as follows:
Option 1: by boot
• Access the start menu.
• Now click on the Windows Settings option.
•Click Applications, it will redirect you to another window; there click on Applications and Features or Programs and Features.
Right there you can view all the programs that Windows 10 has installed by default; on the right side you have a description of how much space each of them takes up in memory, you can also check the date of installation of the program, with that information you can know if since you installed a specific application your computer has started to fail.
Option 2: Using the Control Panel
- Enter the control panel.
Now click on Programs and it will redirect you to another window, there click on Applications and Features or Programs and Features. In that window you will be able to see all the programs you have installed on your computer, on the right side of the size you will see how much space they take up.
Option 2: Using Windows Explorer
- Go to Windows Explorer.
- Now, in the panel on the left side of the screen, access the This computer section.
- Then it sends you to all the drives you have installed on your computer, including the main one, which is Disk C; right there you can see how much disk space you have available or how many gigabytes.
- Go to drive C and right-click.
- Click on Properties and there on the General tab ; here you will find another option: free up space.
- It will automatically redirect you to another window where you will find a list of installed applications with their name and description (including temporary files, recycle bin and other programs and files); there you can also determine how much space it takes up on your hard drive, in the size and disk size section.
So that you are completely sure what these applications are all about, at the bottom you will find a detailed description of each of them, especially the one you have selected, which you can read.
And in this same section you can click on the program you want to remove, or remove them all if you prefer. Or conversely, if you want to increase the size of your hard drive in a virtual machine, you can optimize the space on your computer.
Since you know how to easily find out how much space programs in Windows 10 take up on your hard drive, it's also good to know how to prevent Windows from installing apps without permission. Remember to check how much space you have available on your hard drive before installing a new program by following the steps in this article, so you will avoid problems with the functioning of your computer in time.