There are several reasons why your Windows account is not protected when you log in. One of the most frequent reasons is forgetting to enter a key when installing Windows. Therefore, here we will teach you how to enter a password on your PC .
How to ENTER the password on my PC in Windows - Very easy
It should also be borne in mind that normally when the installation is done by another person, but not the owner, the most common is to omit the step of the Password . However, even in this case, it is important for users to protect their computer with a password.
Therefore, it is necessary to underline the advantages of having our PC with a password and thus preventing other people from accessing it . In this way the information and data stored in it will be protected. But it is always important not to enter the wrong password more than once as you can crash your PC.
Enter a password on your PC in Windows
Fortunately, Windows is one of the most complete systems and easy to use. It has useful and useful features that facilitate and make possible most of the processes, including setting a password on the PC, through a few simple steps:
- The first thing is to do click on the Windows start icon or you can also do it using the keyboard.
- Then, click on the avatar or on the photo you assigned there.
- Then a drop down menu will appear, choose the option "change account settings"
- After that, a menu will appear, with several options. You must select "login options"
- Once there, several alternatives appear, to protect your account, in this case, select "Password"
- Immediately a message will appear, stating that the account does not have a password, and if you wish to enter one, click on "Add"
- Immediately a new window will appear, where you will need to enter password which will be assigned to the computer at the time of login. Likewise, you must include a password hint to help you remember it in case you forget it.
- It is important that you take into account, put a hint that only you know and that it is not your password directly, since in case of forgetting this will be the first thing that will appear and, likewise, another person who wants access, can choose to be an alternative.
- Finally, click Next and then end .
This way you have already assigned a password to your PC when you start it.
In the same way , Windows allows us other alternatives to secure Windows login including: your face, fingerprint, PIN, security key (using a physical security key), password, and picture password.
However, these options can only be used if your computer has these tools, otherwise the system will not allow you to assign them to protect your account.
Why is it important to enter a password on your PC?
Without a doubt, protect your PC with a password it's just as important as the information you want to protect . Bearing in mind that through it the people who can have access to your computer will be limited. In this way your information will be safe and you will not run the risk of someone else acquiring your data without your consent.
On the other hand, it is necessary to underline the importance of a good password, i.e. applying a key that only you know and that is easy for you to remember, even more so for other users.
It is not recommended to enter your name, date of birth or ID, as they are probably very easy to guess and anyone could acquire it. Preferably add letters, numbers and special characters . It should be noted that if you wish you can remove or delete a user's password , everything will depend on you and how secure you want your PC to be.
Likewise, we recommend that you consider some security tips when logging into Windows 10 , in order to avoid errors on your computer or being infected with viruses.
Finally, we hope that this tutorial has been useful to you, however, we would like to know your opinion Do you think Windows is a good operating system? Were you able to password lock your PC with ease? Leave us your answers in the comments.