To export or migrate settings and settings from a previous version of AutoCAD. We have to take into account some conditions that the program itself establishes and it could make impossible the import we want to carry out, for example:
Conditions that make it impossible to export or import parameters
- "Cannot import parameters between two different versions of AutoCAD", this means that we will not be able to export data from AutoCAD 2014 to AutoCAD 2018, instead we can use the function " migrate from a previous version ".
- It is impossible to import parameters between 2 different types of AutoCAD, i.e. we will not be able to export parameters from AutoCAD and import them into AutoCAD Mechanical.
- It is impossible to import parameters between versions with different languages from AutoCAD, for example if you have English AutoCAD you cannot import parameters into a German version of AutoCAD, for example.
To migrate AutoCAD settings
This AutoCAD utility starts automatically from the first launch of the program, if we need it at another time we will find it together with AutoCAD in our Windows start menu.
- For Windows 8.1 or Windows 10:
- Home >> AutoCAD 20xx >> Migrate from a previous version.
- For Windows 7 and Windows XP:
- Start >> All Programs >> Autodesk >> AutoCAD 20xx >> Migrate Custom Settings >> Migrate Settings from a Previous Version.
For this migration to be effective, remember that they must be between 2 versions of the same type of AutoCAD and that they are in the same language. Also, remember that both versions must be installed on the same computer.
Some versions of AutoCAD do not have this parameter migration feature, if this is your case, you will not be able to migrate parameters. In that case, you can pass the parameters manually via the AutoCAD CUI editor. Likewise, it is recommended to update and activate the latest version of the program.Read How to Disable or Remove Alexa Device - Erase or Remove Alexa
To export or import AutoCAD settings
To export or import parameters we will find the function in the Windows start menu, as well as export or import this there it will also help if we want to make a backup copy .
- Per Windows 7:
- Start >> All Programs >> Autodesk >> AutoCAD 20xx >> Migrate Custom Settings >> Export AutoCAD 20xx Settings // Import AutoCAD 20xx Settings.
- Home >> AutoCAD 20xx >> Export AutoCAD 20xx Settings // Import AutoCAD 20xx Settings.
What should I do if I cannot access the import / export options?
If for some reason you can't access the import / export options from the start menu, don't worry, the default folder location where this data is located is: " C: ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Programs Menu AutoCAD 20xx - English Migrate custom settings This can be useful if you want to make a backup copy of this data.
The export process takes the parameters and converts them all to a ZIP file. For its part, the import process takes the ZIP file and is responsible for applying the parameters to the program, it is not necessary to unzip the ZIP file.
AutoCAD as a tool
All engineers, architects, graphic designers and other professions need a tool for high-precision projects, 2D drawings and their 3D projection .
AutoCAD has established itself as an essential tool for design work, as it is so important for the proper development of the work of these engineers, architects, etc. Getting your own setup is something you do gradually.Read How to use the ActiveX scroll bar in Excel to scroll to a table
When we already have this configuration to be able to transfer it to a new version of the program, which it is constantly updated (including the premium mobile version for mobile devices), it is extremely important, we hope that the instructions we have left here will help you.
Obviously remember the conditions that are established by the program itself. These conditions must be fully met for this procedure to work, if you know someone who needs this information send it to your friends who are thinking about how to export or migrate parameters and settings from an older version of AutoCAD.