How to file complaints in the face of inaccurate information from the credit bureau?

If yours credit history does not match to reality, perhaps right now you are wondering how to file complaints with the Credit Bureau.

How to file claims when faced with inaccurate information from the credit bureau

You're about to buy that product you wanted so much and suddenly the seller says: "I'm so sorry, your credit has not been approved". But you think this is not possible, you have always paid your installments on time and have no debts left to recover; there must surely be a mistake.

Or perhaps you have requested your credit history known as Special Credit Report and you were surprised to see that in your credit summary there are exclamation marks in yellow or even red. You may be wondering how to fix history information? what do you think is a mistake.

In principle, it is good for you to know that any incorrect or inaccurate information in the your credit history can be corrected. And it is a right you enjoy as a consumer. Don't worry, here we briefly explain how to file complaints with the Credit Bureau.

      How to Prepare a Complaint to the Credit Bureau

      Before filing a claim, keep in mind that you can check the Credit Bureau to learn about your history and see how you're doing in your accounts. After taking the exam it is possible apply for a special credit report. Which you can get completely free once a year, by making a request via email, telephone or fax (Specialized Customer Service Unit, UEAC).

      You can make other requests up to and including the year, but after the second one they would cost anywhere from $34,20 to $217,20, depending on the method you selected for your request.

      Once you have your credit history, check the information that appears in the section "Credit Summary". Focusing especially on the "Behavior" section, where the status of your credits is graphically expressed.

      Ideally, they should all appear validated with a green popcorn-style approval sign, indicating to those consulting your Credit Bureau that you paid everything on time .

      Now, what should interest you are those that appear marked with exclamation marks in yellow or with X in red, as they indicate that you have had problems with one or more of your credits. If you think any of these marked in yellow or red are wrong, that's when you should file complaints with the Credit Bureau.

      An aspect not to be forgotten is that this platform has implemented the creation of alerts in the Credit Bureau to know the movements that are made on a daily basis. This is an extremely good option so don't let it pass you by.

      How to make a complaint

      Making a complaint to the Credit Bureau is very simple and you can do it through the Internet by entering the website. To file complaints, follow these steps:

      • Click Start to start the process.
      • Complete the required data:
      • Name and surname.
      • Federal Taxpayer Registry (RFC).
      • Consultation page of the Special Credit Report.
      • Account numbers of some credits that remain active.
    1. Select how you want to receive the clarification notice:
      • E-mail.
      • Fax.
      • Specialized Customer Service Unit (UEAC).
      • Certified mail.
    2. Reason for clarification, accompanied by the following precautions:
      • Name, RFC, date of birth.
      • Private or business homes.
      • Delete any credits that appear to have no relation.

    3. Remember you have to have payment media at hand carried out, the account statements and a Special Credit Report. The latter must be recent, not older than 90 days. You have the right to make 2 free requests per year, after which you must cancel any request made according to the current rates.

      Once you have made your clarification request, you will be assigned a folio number, your story will be cataloged as a "Disputed Registration". And you have to wait up to 29 calendar days to get your response.

      If you are informed that the request has been valid, the Credit Office will proceed to correct your records and update them. And you'll get a copy of it, as will all those agencies that have applied for your credit record in the past six months.

      Otherwise you can make a new clarification request including a Statement of up to 1.000 words. In turn, you can block your Credit Bureau to protect your identity and banking transactions. We hope this post will help you resolve the inconvenience you present.

      add a comment of How to file complaints in the face of inaccurate information from the credit bureau?
      Comment sent successfully! We will review it in the next few hours.