Instagram is a very solid social network, but not without flaws, which is why many users have found that the app closes unexpectedly and throws the error "Instagram has stopped"; If this happens to you often and you don't know what to do, this post will teach you how easily fix the error that Instagram blocked in Android .
Why does the Instagram shutdown error occur on Android?
"Instagram has stopped" this message tends to be annoying and disturbing when you don't know why it happens; However, this error is more frequent than you might imagine and can be generated in other applications that you have downloaded. This error usually occurs for two fundamental factors, first you have not updated the application to the latest version.
Secondly, applications tend to save information on the mobile which they then use to make their system run faster, this information is saturated and causes errors in apps. This error tends to be more common in those mobile devices that have little internal memory and little RAM; because memory quickly becomes saturated with data causing applications to crash.
Methods to fix Instagram error broke:
Update the application:
It is important to frequently update all applications on your Android device; This is essential to enjoy the latest features offered by the app, improve its performance and correct errors; If you don't do the updates, the time will come when the application will throw an error and you will not be able to use it (find out which version of Instagram you have). With these simple steps you can update the Instagram app:
Read How to use Discord from browser on PC? What is it and what is it for?
- Go to the main menu of your Android device and open the app Play Store .
- In the upper left corner you will see three horizontal lines, click on them.
- When a menu appears, select "My apps and games" .
- In the new screen you need to select the "Updates" section , if Instagram has any pending updates you need to click the "Update" button and it will start updating immediately.
- Once the update is complete, go back to Instagram to see if the problem is resolved.
Clear Instagram cache and data:
The Instagram app like other applications usually stores temporary data and files on the mobile device in order to facilitate rapid access by the system to the stored data ; but in the long run this data can saturate the memory and affect the functioning of the app, if this happens it clears the cache of the app. We'll show you how to do this (some steps vary by phone model):
- Access the option "Settings" found in the main menu of your mobile phone.
- Now you need to select "Applications and notifications" , "Application manager" or "Applications" appears on some devices.
- All applications downloaded to your mobile will appear on the screen, find and select the app of Instagram .
- Within the application information it is necessary to select "Storage".
- Click the "Empty cache" button , wait for all app cache to be emptied.
- Enter Instagram again, if the problem persists you must clear the app storage data , for this you have to follow the previous steps 1 to 4; Instead of clicking "Clear Cache" you should click "Clear Memory" or "Clear Data".
- Go back to the Instagram app to check if the error is resolved.
When you delete the storage data (step 8) you leave the app as just installed; That is why it is important that you first try to clear the cache (temporary app data) if the method doesn't work, then delete the application data.
Uninstall the Instagram app:
Uninstalling and reinstalling the app is the last resort to follow if the application error persists. It is important to constantly delete files, applications or images that you do not need from your mobile and only take up space in your phone memory.Read How to download and install Pluto TV on my PC, Smart TV, Mobile and Roku
The error "Instagram has stopped" is easy to fix and it does not affect the operation of your Android device ; follow the steps in this post and say hello to this annoying problem; But when you use Instagram avoid being fooled by the scams that abound in this social network.