You want to download Netflix on your Android device and get a notification informing you that the your device is not compatible with the application. What can we do to solve this problem? Next, we will explain how to fix the Netflix error your device is not compatible with this version, so that you can fix it in a few steps. In this guide, you can also learn how to fix common problems when accessing Netflix in just a few steps.
Why am I getting the message "Your device is not compatible with this version"?
If you are concerned about why you are getting this Netflix notification when you try to download and install the application, then here we will explain it to you. One of the most common reasons is that the latest version for Android devices is not available for all phones with Android 5.0.
If you downloaded the application, directly from the Play Store, and the message "Netflix: your device is not compatible with this version" appears. Well, you need another device that has a version compatible with the platform Netflix, almeno Android 4.4.
Another reason this message may appear on your device is that the your computer is rooted . Therefore, if you are a super user or root on your computer, you will get the message that the Netflix application is not compatible.
Fix the Netflix error: your device is not compatible with this version
To use Netflix on your phone or tablet and fix Netflix problem: your device is not compatible with this version, follow these steps:
- First we will have to configure our Android device to install the application.
- Come on settings> applications> Netflix> uninstall.
- Then we will select settings> security.
- Choose the space next to "unknown sources" and select "OK" to save the changes.
- Subsequently, download the application from the link provided by the Netflix help page.
- The download will start immediately, and when finished, you can go to the "Notification Panel" to find the application.
- Then select the downloaded document and press "Install".
- When you see the message "Netflix was downloaded successfully", you will have completed the process.
- Now, log in for the first time and enter your email and password.
- And voila, take advantage of the application on your Smartphone or Tablet.
Download an APK for your computer and install Netflix
One problem your computer may present is that it is rooted and Google Play does not support app installations on non-certified computers. But in these cases, you can download an APK with Update or Mirrow, then follow these steps to install Netflix.
- Uninstall the Netflix application you have on your Android device.
- To do this, you can follow the same steps as in the previous paragraphs.
- By doing this step, you will prevent the system from returning an error message to you.
- Download and install the APK on your device.
- It has to be there version 4.16.1 , for previous versions and with those not certified by Google.
- After that, you will be able to download the Netflix app on your Android device.
Final report: when launching its new version, the Netflix platform, it now has special save content, which it's compatible alone with certain devices. Also, Netflix has made some changes to its application, so it won't work with rooted or non-certified computers.
While it is true that there are some computers that do not have root and do not accept the latest application, you can solve it with an APK .
Enjoy the benefits of installing Netflix on your Android device
When you fix the Netflix error: your device is not compatible with this version, you can download it to your Android and enjoy its benefits . And this famous application offers you endless options, which you can manage from your Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet or PC, such as:
Read How to recover and edit a video from the draft saved on TikTok
- Create a personal profile.
- Enjoy the monthly releases.
- Pause and in waiting, series and films .
- Cancel unwanted productions.
- Find kids' content and more.
We hope you enjoy these steps you can fix the Netflix error : your device is not compatible with this version, easily.