When it comes to office work, the Word application demands a lot of merits, as it is a tool useful for writing documents . But it is also true that there are errors when you want to use it, as in the case of the error message "Microsoft has stopped working". But don't be alarmed, as this has a solution and in this article you will we will teach in a simple way .
Why does Microsoft Word stop working?
There are several reasons or reasons that prevent Word from working properly, including the latest version on Windows. The causes could be those that we will indicate below, obviously we are talking about the same program and not a hardware problem on your PC .
- You need to update drivers in Windows 10 or operating system components.
- There is no compatibility with the operating system.
- The Word you have is very old .
How To Fix The Error »Microsoft Word Has Stopped Working?
As a first tip, update Office to its latest version, if you still have the same problem, please follow the following recommendations carefully:
Procedure 1 - Repair Word 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016 automatically
- If you are a Windows 10 user, right click on the "Start" window.
- Then a black window will appear with various functions, you will select the one that says "Applications and Features". In the Windows 7/8 users must open Control Panel> Programs> Uninstall a program.
- The computer setup window will open, you will see all the applications that Windows has on the right and select the one that says "Office".
- Then hit the option that says "Advanced Options" which is blue.
- It will take you to a series of actions you can perform, search for the one that says "Repair" and then hit "Repair Office Application".
- This will fix the "Microsoft Word has stopped working" problem.
Procedure 2: Delete the Normal.dot file
- Go to "My Computer" or "This Computer".
- Then in the search box on the right, type the word "Normal.dot" .
- When the computer searches, you will eliminate simply this file .
How to recover document after Microsoft Word stopped working?
If you are writing or creating a document and it quits unexpectedly, we understand it and that is why we will provide you with the solution. Many consider the document lost, but there is a way to get it back , even if "Microsoft Word will stop working" suddenly.
Procedure 1. Retrieve the document manually
- Open Word again and go to window that says "File" .
- This will take you to the Word options on your system and a window called "Information" will appear.
- Check the box that says "Manage document" and the option that says "Recover files without saving".
- Then a window will open in which you will indicate the name of the file to be recovered. And this is all.
Procedure 2. Use data recovery software.
The option to use a file recovery software is an external method to the Word system that you can add for free to your PC . A very useful program is "Free EaseUS Data Recovery Assistant", this one software allows you to recover up to 2GB of data lost.
Here are the steps to take after you download or get the app on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Select the location of the lost Word documents and click "Scanner".
- The software will perform a quick and thorough scan.
- Next you will have a list of the lost files, you will choose the one that could not be saved due to the error "Microsoft Word has stopped working".
- After selecting the document, hit the "Recover" option and voila, you are able to get your document back.
As a last tip, keep saving the changes you made to your work, to avoid recovering a Word file. Because many times autosave does not record changes made in the last few minutes in the document when an error occurs.
With the given steps in an easy and orderly way, you will be able to fix the Word error problem. At the same time you will recover your document due to Word crash on your PC, we hope you can work safely.