This is normal because when you format it, it looks like you just bought it. All settings made are removed along with files, apps and games.
For this reason it is always advisable to have an up-to-date backup. Since, in the event of a problem with the tablet's operating system, we can quickly format without having to face information leaks of any kind.
In this tutorial we will recommend some things you should do before starting with hard reset your tablet Android Samsung and then we will review the guide so that you can quickly reset the tablet to factory settings, in a matter of a few minutes you will have your device as good as new.
Considerations before a hard reset
Before performing a factory reset of your Samsung tablet, it is essential that its battery is fully charged to avoid any kind of problem. Since it wouldn't be pleasant at all if the device shuts down in the middle of formatting.
If that happens, you should install the operating system from scratch. Therefore, make sure you have a full battery. At least we recommend having 70%.
Another thing you should do is back up everything that is important to you. Remember that when you perform a factory reset, the tablet is left with a clean operating system. This means that all personal files and downloaded applications are deleted.
It's like you just bought the device. Here because it is so important to make a backup of all that was saved inside. For this, we recommend that you use Google Drive or any cloud storage service.
How to factory reset a Samsung Android tablet
- To format your tablet, you will need to follow these steps:
- The first thing is to completely turn off the tablet.
- Once it's off, you'll need to hold down the volume up and power buttons at the same time for several seconds until the logo appears on the screen.
- After the logo has appeared, you can release the power button, but hold down the volume up button.
- After a few seconds you will see the recovery or restore menu. You can now release the volume button.
- Just the volume buttons, both up and down, you can use them to move around this menu.
- The option you need to select is Wipe Data / Factory Reset and to confirm you will need to use the power button.
- You will now have to wait for the process to complete, which may take some time.
- Once finished, go up Reset now to restart the tablet and that's it.
Don't panic if the first time you start it takes longer than normal. This is something quite common that always happens on tablets and mobile phones after the factory data reset.