Over the years, Word has been and has remained the most famous and used text editor in the world , being available for both Windows and Mac. Its latest version came out in 2019.
It was originally developed for computers IBM with DOS operating system . The first version of this program for the Windows operating system was released in 1989.
How to use Word and its documents?
The platform of this program is amazingly simple and intuitive . You can work with virtually all types of text file extensions. With selection tools for margins, indents, line spacing, font size, a wide variety of fonts, styles for text such as Bold , italics or underline.
Insert images, graphs, tables, automatic correction, optimal word search, among many other functions. As more versions came out (every 2 or 3 years), they came made improvements to its platform and other features, completing and perfecting it .
Within the large menu of options and functions that this platform contains, something really interesting has emerged: the reading mode.
This feature was implemented in its 2013 version, thinking about the concentration of its users : those in charge of writing a long text, the perfection of which depended on the attention paid to checking the content line by line.
Enable reading mode in Word
The read mode function in Word is the hide the toolbar , change the interface of this program and offer a different view of the document , where you will not be able to write, delete or edit the text. Just read on .
- To turn on reading mode, you just need to locate the option Show (o Show ) in the system tray, located at the top of the screen.
- Once you click on this option, it will show you four menus: Frames, Switch Windows, Window, Zoom, Show, and of course displays .
- Inside Vista , offers another number of options: structure, draft, print design, web design and finally the reading mode .
- By selecting the latter option, as soon as you click, the document interface will change.
- Once you are in reading mode, Word will show 2 pages of the enlarged document on the screen, you can change the zoom settings if you want ... nothing more.
Turn off reading mode in Word
Remove it is much easier still . You just have to press " e "on the keyboard or select the option" Show "at the top of the screen and click on the" Edit document "to return to the traditional Word interface and continue editing the document to make necessary corrections.
Another function for the reading mode
The Word reading mode was designed to keep you focused when you read a text or a colleague wrote, and make sure you don't need any changes by offering a view that allows reading in detail.
If you don't want anyone else to edit the document, you can limit the modification by activating the read-only mode . That way, anyone you send or download the document to can only read or copy it.
- To activate it, you need to go to the option Review and within the menu that will appear along the toolbar, you will get the option " Restrict Edition ".
- After clicking on this option, a menu with different restriction options will appear on the right side of the screen: format and editing restrictions.
- After selecting the Editing Restrictions option, click the last button found in the Start Application section and voila, your document will be protected.
Disable read-only mode to edit original document, not possible. Although upon opening the document, a strip will appear giving you the option to " Disable read-only mode ".
This action will not give you the original document but a copy of the document, which you can edit and save with a different name. Later, you can apply the autosave feature to avoid losing all your progress in the documentRead How to update Google Maps to the latest version on iPhone and Android?