It might seem like a lot of space to install apps, games, photos, videos, etc. But the truth is that this space is also dedicated to the operating system, which can be quite large.
If we add to this the different applications such as Facebook and WhatsApp that gradually consume more and more. The space we had is getting smaller and smaller.
To this we must add the fact that we live in an age where photos and videos are something we all do practically every day. How much free storage do we have left?
The best thing in these cases is to take the microSD and transfer all the photos and videos you have in the internal memory to the card in question. This way you can have free internal memory to enjoy applications, games, etc.
Today we will see a tutorial so that you can move all your photos and videos to the SD card. But we will also teach you how to configure your device's camera so that all photos and videos are saved by default on the SD card so that you don't have to move all the files from time to time.
How to transfer files from internal memory to microSD
- The first thing we need to do is have a file explorer on Android.
- Next, you will open the »I folder my files "And then you'll have to go up" Internal Memory »To be able to see all the files you have inside it.
- In this place we will have to look for the folder called " DCIM «.
- Now you will have to press and hold the folder " Camera »Or similar, it will depend on your device. But generally the name doesn't vary much.
- If you look down you will see that an option called " Move ". Pressing it, we will see " Cancel "And" Move here ". For now, don't press either.
- What you will need to do is go back and enter the location you want to move all those files to.
- Then you will have to insert the MicroSD card and once you are in the location where you want to save all the photos and videos, you can press » Move here «.
- You should now wait a few seconds until it finishes moving all files. Obviously the more photos and videos you have to move, the longer it will take.
In this simple way, you will be able to free up internal space on your mobile device to install applications, etc. And you will continue to have access to all your photos and videos because they will come saved on the SD card.
How to save all photos and videos to SD card
So that you don't move all the photos and videos you take with your camera from time to time. The best thing is to configure it so that, by default, it saves any photos or videos captured with the app on the microSD.
- To do this you need to open the camera application.
- Now we will press the adjustment button (the gear icon).
- What we will have to do now is look for the option that says " Save in «.
- Pressing it, two options will appear: internal memory and SD card.
Obviously we will choose the latter to be able to save all the photos and videos you take from this moment in the microSD.