In today's article we will talk about How to protect your PC from viruses while teleworking? looking at some useful tips and measures. First of all, we need to have a little contextualization on the topic that we will talk about later. Over the years and the progress of technology, various aspects have changed causing change in work environments .
Innovation has made communication around the planet easier, working to make a virtual encounter as close as possible to a real one . From these aspects comes teleworking, which consists in the work carried out with the use of a computer and in a space far from the main offices. This mode has advantages, although it requires greater concentration to be more productive at teleworking.
On the other hand, to carry out these works it is very important to have certain resources in advance. Some of these resources are an electronic device with which to develop our work, quality and constant connectivity to the Internet, electricity and communication through a mobile phone or an online messaging service. All these elements promote effective teleworking .
Working so long using a computer we have to take care of it as much as possible, as it is our only way of working . However, electronic devices are never exempt from being infected with viruses or malware. That's why today we're going to look at some tips to keep your PC safe when telecommuting, greatly reducing the risk of malware damaging your device.
How to protect my PC from viruses when I work remotely?
When we use our computer, we can perform various actions with which to protect ourselves from viruses when we work. Next, we will talk about some that we need to do yes or yes.
- First of all, we must try not to accept or download unknown files . The most common way viruses infect a computer is by using spam emails that contain infected files. These emails can become very credible, making us fall in love with them. We can protect our emails by encrypting them.
- Update all our software is another measure we must take, thanks to the time each application is improving its functionality and this is reflected in the updates that they solve some problems of implementing a new security measure s . If our software is out of date, we will miss the enhanced protection we are offered.
- Finally, another protection measure is the use of an antimalware or an antivirus. These software help us protect our devices from all types of viruses , both on the network and stored on our computer. With this we will avoid the entry of viruses and eliminate those that manage to pass or are on our computer.
These are some of the tips we give you, with each one the chance of being infected with a virus or malware is greatly reduced . However, in the last point we talked about the use of antivirus to protect our PC, but there is a problem, that there are a large number of them on the internet, which means a large investment of time to find the best of all. That's why we'll briefly review some of the best below.
What are the best antiviruses to protect my PC while I work remotely?
To finish completing the protection of our PC we have to use a good antivirus . We will show you some of the best options that currently exist.
- Norton 360: This antivirus is always present among the best, being highly efficient for eliminating all types of viruses or malware, while also strengthening our privacy.
- McAfee Total Protection: con una great compatibility between operating systems and electronic devices , we have McAfee Total Protection, which offers practical management of our protection, even managing the passwords we have, giving us some that are hard to crack.