When you browse the Internet it is normal for you to come across the cookie notice on some pages; something that for many Google Chrome users can be annoying. Therefore, in this post we will explain how to remove the cookie warning from web pages in the Google Chrome browser.
How to remove the cookie warning from web pages in the Google Chrome browser
What are the webpage cookie warnings?
Surely you have ever wondered what cookies are used for and how they work on web pages. Well, cookies are files that websites create to save each user's browsing data in so that he can enjoy a simpler browsing experience.
They allow you to save your browsing preferences, that many pages load faster and will also show you other pages similar to your searches. There are two types of cookies: cookies own, are those created by the website visited; And third party cookies, are those who design websites with the aim of creating advertising profiles.
How to remove the cookie warning from web pages in the Google Chrome browser?
Remove the cookie notice from web pages from your computer:
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the upper right corner you will find three points upright, click there .
- When a menu is displayed, select "Configuration" .
- It will immediately redirect you to the "Settings" page; On the left side of the screen you will see a side menu. Look for the "Privacy and Security" option and click there.
- Now you need to click on the drop down arrow for the "Site Settings" option (can also say, website settings).
- In the "Permissions" section you need to select "Site data and cookies" .
- Immediately, a "Site data and cookies" window will open in which you can activate and deactivate cookies.
- To disable cookies it is necessary move the cursor to the left the option "Allow sites to save and read cookie data". You can also turn on the switch (move the switch to the right) of the "Block third-party cookies" option so that websites cannot use your browsing activity to personalize ads.
If you are not so sure that you want to completely delete cookies, another option you should consider is to clear the caches and cookies stored in Google Chrome, as this may help you browse the Internet faster.
Remove the cookie warning from web pages from Android:
As you have probably seen, cookie warnings are not only displayed on your computer, but also on Android and iPhone devices. But don't worry, it is very easy to enable or delete cookies on your mobile. You just have to follow these steps:
- Open the Google Chrome app on your Android device.
- In the upper right corner you will see three points upright, click there .
- Select "Settings" (Settings).
- You will immediately see a list with more options; Find the "Advanced Settings" section and select "Website Settings".
- Click on the option "Cookie" .
- When a new window opens, you will see the option "Cookie" and next to it you will see a blue switch; slide it to the left to disable cookies (the switch will turn gray).
- In that same window you can block third-party cookies, if you want to activate them, check the box that appears next to this option.
How to delete the cookie history of your Google Chrome browser?
If you are not entirely sure whether you want to completely delete cookies from Google Chrome web pages, another good option is to delete your Google Chrome browsing history, whether on your Windows or iOS computer or on your Android phone.
Read How to create a digital or virtual invitation for WhatsApp on Android with Canva
From the computer:
- Follow steps 1 to 6 above.
- When you are in the "Site data and cookies" window; click on the option "See all cookies and site data" .
- Press the button in the upper right corner "Delete all" .
- A confirmation message will appear if you are sure you want to delete the cookies, click on "Delete all" .
- Done your cookie history has been cleared.
- Follow steps 1-3.
- When you see a list with different options, choose "Privacy" in the "Advanced Settings" section.
- Now click on «Clear browsing data».
- In the "Time interval" option, view the arrow and choose the time period in which you want to delete the cookies.
- Check the box to the right of the option "Cookies and site data" ; If you want to delete cookies only, uncheck the other options.
- Press the button "Delete data" .
- A box will appear in which to confirm that you are sure to delete cookies, click "Remove" .
- All cookie history will be deleted. But keep in mind that they make your Internet browsing easier.