When pairing and also connecting one or two Bluetooth devices with your Windows 10 operating system, initially it is the system that assigns a specific name that is given by the device manufacturer, a situation that therefore In general, it is usually not convenient for many users, but still it is an action that always comes out in order with many products of this type. All this to send and receive files from your PC to your mobile.
What many people don't know is that this is a common situation within devices Bluetooth and even with those slightly more sophisticated products, such as smartphones, since the name assigned to it is located in such a way that the identification , easily identify the device.
For this reason, if we don't like the name that appears by default in a product, you'll have the option to change this nomenclature to the one we want within Windows 10, and that's what we're going to focus on in this post.
Changing the default name in Windows 10
To start we must initiate a connection of our device with our computer and once done we must enter the " Control Panel "and then go to the option called" Hardware and sound / see devices and printers ".
Once there, we need to select the device, whose name we want to change, by pressing the right mouse button and then accessing the "Properties" section of the context menu.
There we can see the "Bluetooth" tab, in which we can see that the default name of our product will appear and that the manufacturer has assigned by default.
Read How to clone a hard drive from a PC or laptop without formatting it - Step by step
To be able to change it, we just have to enter the "name" field and proceed to change it with the name we want. Once ready, we need to click on the " Apply "and close the window.
To successfully complete this process, we must finish by turning off the device, which we have just renamed, since it will not be sufficient to disconnect the Bluetooth device and then reconnect it, since otherwise the modification will not be done correctly. effective.
Rename Bluetooth devices
Changing the names of some devices is a fairly simple action, as it can be done easily and quickly with just a few steps, which we will begin to describe by following .
To start, the first step you need to do is to activate the Bluetooth connection with your computer and then proceed to connect the device we are trying to change its name, now you just have to follow the following steps:
- Start by accessing the section called "Hardware and Devices" and then proceed by clicking on " View devices and printers "
- Once there, you need to select the device whose name you want to change and then click on it, so that the menu appears Property
- Within this menu, you need to locate the tab called " Bluetooth "where you can see the name that this device has by default and it is here where you have to place that is the box where you want the new option.
- The next step is to press the " Apply "that you will find at the bottom and with that, open the whole activity and you can enjoy your devices with a new name.
- These are reversible options that you can tweak by following these same steps, however, you better own your own devices notifications in so you never get confused as to which one you are using.