The ZIP format is one of the most used, thanks to its ability to archive multiple files as one and send them over the internet. But it is also one of the more fragile formats as it is easily damaged. It is there when you need the files from the corrupt ZIP to recover the files.
Although i ZIP files ensure a certain security to the user when sending files over the network with a password, there is a small chance that the information will be lost. Only one bit is lost in the file transfer and the .ZIP file is damaged.
The error may be unnoticeable until the moment the file is decompressed. It is when the dreaded error message appears to tell you that the file is damaged.
There is one Online tool that allows you to repair files is ZipRecovery Online. The easy to use and you can find it on the official page. You just have to upload the file to the page with the Select File button.
The tool will perform a thorough analysis of the damaged file and, depending on its size, it may take some time to complete the process. When it's done, you have free and paid recovery options to download the recovered files.
Zip Recovery has a desktop version which can be installed on Windows 10. It is a more complete version to select the files you want to recover.
Applications to repair ZIP files
There are more options that allow you to retrieve the information from a ZIP file. Some are free and some are paid, it's a matter of choosing which one best suits your needs.
If the default application you use to unzip your files in ZIP or RAR format is WinRar, you don't need to install another application.Read How to USE a PC WITHOUT a keyboard (example) - VERY easy - See how it's done
- Open the file with the WinRar application
- Select the option Instruments from the menu bar
- Click on the option Repair files
- Select the folder in where you want to place the file to be repaired and choose whether you want to treat the file as if it forms ZIP or RAR.
- When the process is complete, find the file in the selected folder and check its status.
It is a free application that can be used to repair ZIP files safely. It guarantees to repair the file and still maintain its structure.
- Download the Zip Repair application from its page e install on Windows 10
- Launch the application and you will see that the interface is simple. Select the damaged file with the Browse button
- Select the path in you want to place the repaired file, then hit the Next button
- The next window shows the internal contents of the damaged ZIP file, press the button Next to continue
- The file repair process starts, it may take some time depending on the file size.
- To complete the process, press the Finish button and you will have access to the repaired file.
This application is easy to use thanks to its simple interface as well as being compatible with various operating systems. Zip2Fix recovers files by separating functional files from damaged ones.
Scans the damaged file for complete files and excludes those damaged. At the end of the process, it creates a new ZIP file, which can be accessed once the process is finished.
Object correction zip
È a freeware application the whose sole purpose is to repair damaged ZIP files. Rebuild a new ZIP file based on the damaged file. It only recovers as many files as possible compressed in the ZIP.Read How to get audio from TV through headphones or headphones without having a mini jack output
It allows you to extract multiple ZIP files simultaneously in a single operation and repair corrupt or partially damaged files. It is compatible with almost all files, except encrypted ones.