Know the different ways to display the thumbnail preview in a document of Word allows for better visibility and adaptability in the media. Most users decide to enable the option for greater working comfort.
It is very important to know that the preview mode can be applied to any type of document within the Office package . Only their procedure tends to vary depending on the type of program.
This article will tell you all the details about how to view thumbnail preview in a Word document in minutes without external applications.
The Word program is one of the world's favorites when it comes to writing documents due to its convenience and ease of use. In Microsoft Word, you can use keyboard shortcuts to work faster.
Here's a handy guide to viewing the thumbnail preview in a Word document
When activating the feature, it is very important to know that there is no need to use an external application or pay any fees. They just need to perform the following steps:
- The first thing to take into account is that the thumbnail view is by default in programs, namely Word , Power Point o Excel.
- To access the option, users need to check in the document they are working with. Most of the latest versions automatically have this version.
- However, for those who don't have it yet, you'll need to access the default settings panel in Word. In this will appear a command with the name of "Thumbnail view", select and activate.
There is also an infallible method and much shorter than the previous one. It consists in pressing the keys simultaneously ALT+P to preview.
In case the worksheet becomes unresponsive, you will need to check if the version has the function or if it has an operational error. An advice is to have the experience of a technician specialized in these problems.
Can the thumbnail preview be shown in a specific word document?
The answer is yes, Word and the rest of the Office suite programs allow thumbnail preview in a specific Word document by following these steps:
- To carry out the procedure it is necessary to have an open document. Then, access the tools panel or the " Menu ", located in the upper right area.
- Immediately, proceed with the selection of the button " Save " or "Save with name". Before pressing the " Accept ", you need to change the archive box, to what it says "Save in miniature."
- To verify, the user will close the document in question and proceed to reopen it to see if the modification has been validated or if its passage has been carried out correctly by Word.
If, on the other hand, you didn't save the document or accidentally deleted it, don't worry, there are ways to recover it.
What is the thumbnail preview for in a Word document?
Thumbnail views are very useful when searching, especially for a document within a catalog. It is very important to know that these methods allow a partial display of the first page of the document without having to insert it.
However, sometimes they can be a problem, since in a single folder you cannot see more than 4 or 5 documents in the same row . For this reason it can be annoying for some customers.
If I save a document in thumbnail view, will that always be the case?
The answer is no, if the source document is enabled at miniature , it is not guaranteed to appear the same on another computer. Usually, the style of him is the default one on the computer.
The regulations of each computer are not valid in other sites or computers, so the document may suffer some alterations when used in another place .
With the previous thumbnail visa it will be easier for us to locate a document for when we have to carry out an activity such as inserting a Word document into a web page.