What is touchpad or touchpad on a Toshiba laptop ? How can I enable, activate or unlock the touchpad or touchpad of my Toshiba laptop? What steps should I follow to unlock my laptop touchpad?
How to Unlock My Toshiba Laptop Touchpad | Windows 8 and 10
Most laptops like laptop or netbook has an integrated touch panel , commonly known as a touchpad. A touchpad or trackpad is the alternative to a traditional mouse.
Some laptops they may have this feature blocked. However, activating, enabling or unlocking it is extremely simple, so today at miracomosehace we will explain how to do it.
- What is a Toshiba laptop touchpad or touch panel?
- Where is the touch input on my Toshiba computer?
- How can I unlock my laptop touchpad or touchpad?
- Advantages and disadvantages of using the Toshiba touch panel
- How to activate and deactivate the panel with F9
- How to disable the touchpad
- Using the correct shortcut
- From the BIOS setup
- In the mouse settings
What is a Toshiba laptop touchpad or touch panel?
In case you're wondering what is the touchpad? This is an alternative to the conventional mouse or mouse. The touch panel or touchpad is found in most laptops, such as laptops or netbooks.
The touchpad or touch panel in a Toshiba laptop it is located at the bottom of the keyboard , this is accompanied by two keys or buttons that have the same function as the left and right button on a traditional mouse or mouse.
If you have a traditional mouse or mouse, you can disable your laptop's touchpad or touch screen, so you can avoid mistakes, click incorrectly or access unwanted sections.Read How to Automatically Repeat Slides in PowerPoint?
However, in case you don't have a mouse or mouse in your Toshiba laptop or laptop , you can unlock the touchpad or the touchpad. This is quite useful for using the laptop more comfortably. It's also as simple as turning your laptop's camera on or off.
Where is the touch input on my Toshiba computer?
Touch input on a Toshiba PC is located exactly at the bottom of the keyboard, so it is accompanied by several or more buttons, which perform the same function as the button on the right and also on the left of a mouse.
How can I unlock my laptop touchpad or touchpad?
To unlock the touchpad or touchpad of a Toshiba laptop you will need to activate the Fn key on your laptop. To do this you just have to hold pressed the 'Num Lock' key while pressing the 'Fn' key.
Once you have activated the Fn key on your Toshiba laptop or notebook, you need to locate the one with the touch screen icon between the keyboard function keys. The function keys are located at the top of the keyboard, they are the ones that range from 'F1' to 'F12'.
The key with l'icona del touch screen it is usually the one with one large rectangle and two small rectangles under it. Represents the touchpad and its buttons or keys.
Infine, per unlock the touchpad of your Toshiba laptop, you have to press the function key with the touch screen icon and the 'Fn' key at the same time. If you are unable to activate the touchpad on your Toshiba laptop, try pressing both keys several times in a row.
Once you have unlocked the touchpad of your laptop or laptop, if it is slow or has lost its configuration, you can improve the sensitivity of the touchpad via the control panel.Read How to disable or remove Firefox notifications in Windows 10
Advantages and disadvantages of using the Toshiba touch panel
Among the great advantages of using the Toshiba touch panel, we have:
- It provides us with one greater efficiency and, of course, speed in the search for the content we want.
- Likewise, it completely avoids using a keyboard, as we are traditionally used to.
- We will have one better readability and font size to write more comfortably at any time.
- It mainly favors interaction with the user.
There are also drawbacks to using those touchpads, such as:
- In some cases it may happen that the touch panel freezes or becomes unresponsive , causing worry and waste of time.
- They are not that manageable for people new to the world of technology.
How to activate and deactivate the panel with F9
To do this it is very easy and simple, from their factory these devices are supplied with the use of the `` F9 '' key to activate and deactivate the panel, we only have to hold down said key for a few seconds and there we decide if we want to activate it or deactivate it.
How to disable the touchpad
We have several options when we want to disable the touch panel, such as:
Using the correct shortcut
In case that is not possible unlock, activate or enable the touchpad or the touchpad on the Toshiba laptop, there is a second way or keyboard shortcut to do this. For this you just have to:
- Click the button with the windows icon , is located at the bottom of the keyboard. In case your laptop keyboard doesn't have this key, you can press "Ctrl + Esc".
- Then, with the help of the arrows, locate your laptop's control panel. Once inside, you need to go to the section "Mouse" or "Mouse Settings".
- A new window will appear on the screen containing the mouse settings. To access the configuration tabs, click on 'Alt' keys minus 'F'.
- After the configuration tabs have appeared, you should go to the section " Laptop Settings "or" Touchpad ". Then you have to press the "Tab" key and go to the "Enable" option, this way you will have unlocked the touch panel or the touchpad of your laptop.
From the BIOS setup
- To do this, we just have to turn on our computer or laptop, for enter the BIOS setup , it is necessary to press the '' F10 '' key or, failing that, the '' F2 '' key.
- To navigate the BIOS window, we have to use our keyboard traditional.
- We enter '' advanced '', then select the option that indicates '' system properties '', then '' device options '' and finally press the '' enter '' key.
- Among the various options that will be broken down, let's select the one that says "internal pointing device" , then choose whether to activate or deactivate and press "enter".
- We press the '' esc '' key, to exit and return to the BIOS menu, then click on '' save changes '', and that's it.
In the mouse settings
We just have to access the '' mouse settings '', then, select '' touch panel '', then let's look for a switch and choose if we want to disable or enable this configuration.