Excel is one of the most powerful tools in Microsoft, it is undoubtedly one of the indispensable programs for any type of work. If you want to learn how to use and add image ActiveX control and display a picture in an Excel workbook , you should read the following article.
With this advanced feature you can use the ActiveX spinner control in an Excel sheet to make working in your tables easier. Likewise, you can use it for images.
How to use and add picture ActiveX control and show a picture in an Excel workbook
Using the Image ActiveX control can be especially useful for complex tables and textbooks, using this feature is possible add and edit parameters relating to images and photographs.
How to use and add the Image ActiveX control and display an image in an Excel workbook
ActiveX options are very useful for improve our Excel tables , they are usually a tool for advanced users, but undeniably their use has great advantages. With them it is possible automate our Excel workbooks , also add buttons for different functions.
In addition to the above, it is recommended that you learn how to configure text control and ActiveX command button in Excel, something that may help you understand the process below.
If you are interested in adding a button with which you can easily add an image to an Excel workbook, read the following guide:
- The first thing to do is to go to the Developer section, within this menu you need to locate the Insert function, press on it and then go to the ActiveX controls tab.
- There will be displayed the option image (ActiveX control) , click this option.
- After clicking on the previous option, a small box will appear on the screen, this is the box of your image, adjust it according to the size you want it to appear in.
- Now you will need to insert a command button to generate the button to add an image to the Excel workbook. To do this, go to the developer section, click enter and finally do click on the option of command button on ActiveX controls.
- Put the button in the place that looks best to you, so drag and drop it in the size you think is most appropriate.
- The button configuration options will be displayed on the screen. The first thing to change is the name, press on (Name) and write the name you think is the best, for example " SelectImage ".
- Now go to the Caption section and enter the name that will be displayed on the button, for example "Select Image".
Add an ActiveX control button to add an image
The process of creating the code within Microsoft Excel may seem complicated to most users and this is where they usually don't know what to do. In any case, following our guide, you can make a button to create an image very easily:
- Click on the image box and then on the View Code option.
- The screen for the code will appear, change the option from (General) to Select image . Make sure the option next to SelectImage is on Click.
- Time to create the variable, in the code window, as the first line type .dim image come Variant and press Enter.
- In the next line of code it is required write the following immagine = application.GetOpenFilename (File-Filter: = "Image * .gif; * .jpg; * .jpeg; * .png; * .bmp, * .gif; *. jpg; * .jpeg; * .png; * .bmp ", Title: =" Seleziona immagine ", MultiSelect = False).
- In the next line of code you will write the following Image1.Picture = LoadPicture (immagine) .
- Now you just need to click on the Save option and close the code window.
By performing the above procedure, you will have a functional button with which you can easily add an image to your Excel workbook.
You can also configure the ActiveX radio button and customize the text in the linked cells - another excellent automation feature when using the tool in this office software.