On many occasions we want to share with our friends or on social networks some links that we find interesting. However, these links are too long, what can we use? You discover how to use bitly to shorten URLs and links for free .
How to use Bitly to shorten URLs and links for free
This way we can share without any kind of limitation all the links we want where we want. It is ideal for those people who manage many social networks, who have important websites or fan pages.
Especially for those who use apps like Twitter where the number of characters is quite limited. In any case, it's not a bad idea to learn how to use Bitly for shorten links for free , as this web application offers a large number of free options without having to checkout at any time.
That is why we will see a simple tutorial in which we will teach you how to use Bitly in any case. From registration to link shortening. It also has an extension for Google Chrome, so you save a lot of time in case you have to shorten too many links or it's something you do very often.
We go step by step in this guide to using Bitly where you will learn everything you need to start taking your first steps with this interesting and above all useful web application.
Step by step user guide
- The first thing you should do is sign up for Bitly to enjoy all the benefits it offers. Because of this we will create an account which is free .
- We enter Bitly.com. Next, we click on the button " Get started for free ". We go to a new page where we will see that we can access three plans. Each of them with its advantages.
- The first is free while the second and third are paid. In case you're just starting out and don't have a large volume of links, we recommend starting with version Delivery to Italy takes one or two business days .
- Then we will have to fill out a small form to complete the registration. The only thing it asks us is the username, email and password. Then you will have to choose the sector of activity, which is quite simple.
- You will also need to answer three questions Bitly will ask you about how you will use their service. The first is How will you use Bitly? Can be personal, professional , etc. The size of your company in this case would also be personal and to complement the task you perform.
- Once you're done, all you have to do is confirm the email and we already have the Bitly account working and you can start creating your custom link.
How to use bitly to shorten links for free
To shorten a URL in Bitly the method is quite simple. All you have to do is copy the URL you want to shorten and then paste it into the " Shorten your link ", then click the " button Abbreviate " and you have the shortened URL.
In principle this is the simplest way to do it. But you can too customize abbreviated addresses to make them easier to use. You don't need to pay to do this as Bitly offers many great features for free.
You also have a chrome extension and this way you can speed up the process of shortening the links using a little. In order to use this extension, all you have to do is install it in your browser.
After that you will need to link the account and shorten the URL directly while you are browsing by clicking on the extension and the link will be shortened instantly. It's that simple and without having to access the official Bitly website. Related to this article you may also be interested in How to shorten an affiliate link or my website URLs in WordPress