Over the years and in the constant development of technology, the process of creation of digital content represents something ever simpler, thanks to the various tools offered by the different programs that are designed for this purpose.
When technology works together with human ingenuity, capable of opening the doors to the imagination, it can develop ingenious designs. Popular designs and some a little old, like the Vintage poster.
Adobe Illustrator for vintage drawings
Adobe Illustrator, one of the most popular programs in terms of digital content design, has made available to its users a series of tools to be able to create creations with an older style .
If you have used Adobe Illustrator unaware of this type of function, today you can discover and learn this wonderful tool with which you can give that ancient touch to your design and highlight it among so much modernism.
The design of the brush
To start using the tools that Adobe Illustrator puts at your disposal, you must first define the design of brush for your vintage poster . To do this, you need to:
- Use the shapes tool to choose the shape you want to be part of your design. You can duplicate it two or three times and align it .
- To include these shapes in your brush options, simply select the "Brush Definition" option and click the "New Brush" option.
- When you create a new brush, a dialog box will appear allowing you to select its type or style, in this case you will need to check the "Pattern brush" box.
- Next, a new window will appear aiming to configure your new brush: ladder , spacing e distribution are the most important points to consider. You have a preview window to find the desired properties.
Once you have defined the pattern brush that you will use in your design, it is time to proceed with the frame or poster shape . To do this, you can, once again, use the shape tools.
- Draw a figure on the artboard. The best would be, for example, a circle. That is, if you will include only one text in the text. This will be the example to use this time.
- Make sure the circle covers most of the page, it has no fill.
- Use the scroll tool to create a second line for this circle. To do this, go to the ribbon and click on the "Object" tab, then go to the drawing section and click on the scroll option.
- A window will open where you can set the offset distance. In this case, it is recommended to use an offset of 1 cm.
- Apply the pattern brush on the circle line you want. In this case, for example, select the inner circle, then go to the brush tool and select the one you just created.
Contents of the poster
Now that you have the essentials, it's time to insert the other elements that will be part of this poster. So, at this point, you can:
- Enter some text , in the case of a poster with a motivational phrase, for example. Use the alignment and size tools to perfectly fit the designed circle, then proceed with selecting the text color.
- Set a background color for the inner circle , taking into account the color added to the text. Go through some content related to color psychology to make a better selection.
- It also selects the color of the outer circle outline . In general, it is recommended that it be the same color as the outline of the lower circle that you changed by applying the pattern brush.
- Use decorative symbols to complete your design.
Put it into practice!
This way you can surprise with your skill in making these beautiful posters. Remember, they can contain images or text. But this brush tool for creating vintage posters is really the ideal for motivational quotes or advertising for promotions .