In this article, we will show you how to view and manage your passwords saved in Microsoft Edge. Also, at the end we will give you a technique for creating strong and easy to remember passwords. But first, we recommend updating Microsoft Edge to the latest version.
How to view and manage my passwords saved in Microsoft Edge
How to view and manage passwords saved in Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge stores passwords similar to other browsers. Therefore, the process of managing them is just as simple . If you just want to enable or disable automatic saving of your keys, you can go to the first subtitle. If you want to see the complete list of passwords and change or delete their data, you can go to the second subtitle.
How to make Edge save or stop saving passwords
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser, click on the menu icon at the top right and select the "Settings" option from the list that appears.
- Click on the "Show advanced settings" option. This will take you to a panel that displays more detailed information on all aspects of the browser.
- Look for the "Privacy and services" section. Enable the option "Offer the ability to save passwords" if you want the browser to remember your passwords . If not, be sure to disable this option.
If you have activated this option, every time you enter a password on a web page, Microsoft Egde will ask you for permission to save it. If you don't want to remember the password for a particular web page but for others , simply click the "Cancel" or "Never" option when Edge asks if you want to save the password.
How to view and clear passwords saved by Edge
There are two ways or routes to see all passwords that your browser has stored ; the first is with the Windows Credential Manager and the second is within the browser itself. For the former, follow these steps:Read How to set and set an alarm on a Mac? - Step by step
- Type the word "Credentials" in the Windows search box and select the first option displayed.
- Once there, go to the "Web Credentials" section.
- Select one and click the "Show" option. Then enter the administrator password and select "OK" to view the password. If you wish remove that site from the credentials list, click "Remove".
You can also perform the same process from your browser. To do this, open the Microsoft Edge application and follow these steps:
- Enter the menu and select the "Advanced Settings" option, located at the bottom of the window. Go to the "Privacy and services" section and select the "Manage passwords" option where all the keys stored by Edge will appear.
- To delete a password, click on the "X" next to the selected option. Conversely, if you want to change the password, fill in the respective field again and click "Save".
You can repeat these steps as many times as you want to see and manage all your passwords. This way you will have everything well organized and give the browser only the information you want.
Another aspect that you can customize is the search engine. In fact, if you wish, you can change the Bing search engine to Google to Microsoft Edge Chromium.
Use this technique to create more secure passwords
Today, much of our information is stored in the cloud, so we use passwords to protect it. Now, if we really want to keep our data safe, that's better use a password that is secure and easy to remember .
There are many very secure password managers for Windows on the Internet. These third party applications automate the process; create and save keys for you. However, since not everyone can afford something similar, here we want to show you a technique that will help you create reliable passwords for yourself .Read What are they, what are they used for and what types of operating systems exist?
It consists of thinking about a casual phrase, for example: I am sitting in a chair. For the key you will use the first letter of each word, in this case: eseus. Then you will enter capital letters in the letters you prefer: eSeuS.
Next, you need to add symbols and numbers; can be something meaningful to you so you don't forget: eSeuS $$ 2020. In the eyes of others that password will make no sense, but to you it will mean a lot , because you can use phrases like "I love my mother" and add numbers like dates and symbols that you like. After doing that, check how secure your password is.