Currently, most homes already have a Smart TV, but it is not a possibility that everyone can access. In these cases, one of the best alternatives for turning a conventional TV into a Smart TV is a Chromecast. Chromecast is the ideal type of tool for watching movies, videos and photos from your PC to TV , without having to connect many annoying cables.
How to watch movies, videos and photos from PC on TV with Chromecast wirelessly
Being able to share content from your PC is very simple and without the need to install applications of any kind on your PC . It's an option that already has a default setting in the Chrome browser and you just need to have the Chromecast installed on your TV for it to work.
What is Chromecast?
Before we begin it is important to explain that the Chromecast is a device that connects to the HDMI port of any TV . The device allows you to play programs, movies, TV series and games. In addition to being able to stream through other devices.
Currently the Chromecast is compatible with most of the devices on the market. Turn any TV into a Smart TV and can be connected to Android devices, iPhones, iPads, iMacs, Windows OS devices, and even Chromebooks. To use it, you connect a device to the TV and the device acts as a command to direct the content to the TV.
How to watch movies, videos and photos from PC on TV with Chromecast?
Projecting your PC content onto your TV to watch downloaded videos, photos or movies is very simple with Chromecast. But the first thing you need to do, if you haven't already, is connect and set up the Chromecast on the TV. It is a simple process and will take no more than a few minutes.
Read When Was Spotify Music Platform Created?
Set up the Chromecast on the TV
- Connect the Chromecast al cavo USB and, in turn, plug the cord into the electrical outlet.
- Now connect the Chromecast to a HDMI port available on TV.
- Download and install the Google Home application from your mobile device. Do it from the app store or the official page.
- Turn on Bluetooth of your mobile phone and open the Google Home application.
- Select a Google account to connect.
- When you log in for the first time you need to select to enter the code on your phone which is displayed on the screen. Should have the same code displayed by the Chromecast on the TV screen.
- Check that the information is correct and now connect the Chromecast to the same WiFi network a your mobile phone is connected to.
- At the end of the whole process, if it was done correctly, the background image with the time of the Chromecast should appear on the TV screen.
Send content from PC to Chromecast
Like setup, syncing PC to TV is a simple process. The only thing is you have to have previously installed the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Open the Chrome browser on your PC
- Click the browser button e select the Send option . The browser button is the one with a three-dot icon and is located at the top right of the browser.
- Choose the Chromecast device which is connected to the TV and the content of the open Chrome tab is immediately displayed on the TV screen.
This feature was intended for use with the browser, but you can share content from your PC. If you want your PC content to be shown, you need to go a little further.
- Now you have to click on the Send option that appears in the blue bar in the Chromecast connection window.
- A series of screen sharing options appear. The one selected by default is Send tab . Select the Send desktop option so that the entire PC image is projected on the TV.
- After connecting from PC to TV for the first time, the icon will be available in the browser toolbar to connect one-click opportunities in the future.