Developing an effective sales strategy for your business can be a long and complex process. However, there are a few marketing tricks to sell more in business that may surprise you at how effective and simple they are. In this article we will tell you which are the most used.
You might be surprised to learn that the most successful salespeople use all kinds of tricks to win over their customers. These tricks are usually behaviors or cognitive biases that allow them to influence the consumer's ability to decide what to buy.
What are the most used marketing tricks to sell more in business?
However, the idea of using these tricks is not to deceive your customers. On the contrary, if you apply them, what you get will be present your product in a more attractive way . Also, keep in mind that these tricks are the result of research in particular contexts, so you may need to adapt them to your situation.
Many large companies use some of the marketing tricks that we will show you in this section. Even retail chains like Wallmart have their own strategy for increasing sales and getting more customers based on tricks like these.
Marketing tricks to sell more in business
- Make misleading comparisons. If the buyer is unaware of the intrinsic value of an item, it is very easy to present a product with a high price tag, e compare it with another similar, but lower price . Therefore, the consumer will immediately prefer the least expensive.
- Enhance the similarities between seller and buyer. It has been shown that we are more likely to want to purchase an item if we believe that the seller has something in common with us . Even if it's something accidental, like having the same name or being born in the same place.
- Produce the illusion of demand. If you can convince the customer that your product may be out of stock at any time, or make him think that many other people want it, he is more likely to want to buy it as soon as possible.
- Don't show all the benefits at the same time. Self explain the benefits to the customer one by one , by using phrases like "but that's not all", you will be able to persuade him. Likewise, once they are committed to buying something, if you offer them an accessory that is priced much lower than the product itself, they will likely buy it too.
- Create the feeling of obligation. If you're being extremely helpful, the customer might feel obliged to return that "favor" consuming the product or service you offer. It is very important that you also manage the marketing concepts in the services in order to apply this trick perfectly.
- Use your emotions to your advantage. It's easier influence someone's decisions if that person feels vulnerable or insecure, because they don't have the resources to ask themselves if they are making the right decision or not.
Strategies for selling more
Although the tricks we explain in the previous section are very effective, they are not a substitute for a strategy of marketing at quality. For this reason, we wanted to leave you some examples that could help you in planning your strategy.
First of all, you have to prepare yourself before having a meeting or a call with your prospect. Find out who they are, what industry they are in, and use this information to your advantage to increase your chances of selling success. This applies to traditional marketing and digital marketing as well.
Read How to Create an Image Catalog Using ActiveX Image Control in Excel
Pay attention to the details you it will also help build an effective strategy. Many sellers talk a lot and this is a huge mistake. Ideally, you should get to the point and then let the customer tell, one way or another, how he wants you to sell the product.
It is not enough to focus on the needs of the prospect, but also meet his expectations. Therefore, you need to know how to ask intelligently to get that valuable information. Also, it's vital that you deliver on the promises you make to the customer to build trust in your brand.
We hope you enjoy these most used marketing tricks to sell more in business help you increase your company's sales. If you liked it, don't forget to share this article on your social networks.