Currently, in all parts of the world, the use of mobile devices it is very common , especially since these are small and easy to carry devices so that the user can play video games, be updated with news and reports, listen to music with the best players and watch the videos you like the most.
You can buy them in different designs, sizes and weights. One of their advantages is that they are programmable and flexible, easy to handle because they are equipped with a touch screen
These devices have good internal storage capacity and you can easily add external storage accessories such as: disks, memories MicroSD, SD, higher capacity among others.
Also, they have good connectivity to wireless networks where you can access an internet where you can receive and enter data.
What is an IP Certification?
Mobile devices or computers have an interface connected to a network that you can identify. The abbreviations IP are the derivative of its English termination International Protection or Ingrees Protection.
That determines the protection against the entry or entry of external agents which can affect your mobile device such as water, dust, as well as knowing what degree of resistance your device has.
What is IP certification on mobile devices and what is it for?
The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) has founded this certification governed by the IEC 60529 standards to measure the degree of protection of your mobile devices.
Its main rule is if in the previously mentioned cases in relation to protection against dust with numbers from 0 to 6 or protection against water from 0 to 9, the higher the initial number of the degree of protection, the better the device will be . protected.
As for the dust IP 0x has no protection , IP 1x: your device is covered by solid objects larger than 50mm; IP 2x: covered by solid bodies larger than 12 mm; IP 3x: covered by solid bodies larger than 2,5 mm; IP 4x: covered by solid objects larger than 1 mm; IP 5x: protected against dust and IP 6x: fully covered against dust.
If your device marks the IP6x level in the test you do, this is the highest level because it does not allow any kind of external solid particle to enter your device. If this is the case with your equipment, I congratulate you because it is completely airtight. You can buy your certified cell phone in a store like Amazon.
More complex is the certification in case of water ingress applied to the devices, as it evaluates the ingress level of water or other liquid, let us know the two main ones:
- IP x0: has no type of protection;
- IP x1: covered against vertically falling drops of water.
- IP x2: coverage against falling drops of water with a maximum inclination of 15 degrees
- IP x3: Covered against water mist at an angle of up to 60 degrees, leveled at 11 liters per minute.
- IP x4: coverage against water jets from any deviation, with an average of 10 liters per minute.
- IP x5: covered against water jets from any angle, level 12,5 liters per minute.
- IP x6: protected against strong jets of water, with a range of 100 liters per minute from any angle
- IP x7: covered against the effects of partial immersion.
- IP x8: covered against immersion and last.
- IP 9K: protected against strong jets of high temperature water, between 14 and 16 liters of water at 80°C per minute.