If you want to entertain your kids and at the same time learn the skill of simple programming, they have the alternative of using Scratch. Don't you know what it is? Don't worry, we'll explain what is Scratch, how it works and features that identify it from other programs.
What is Scratch?
In the world of programming there is a corner dedicated to the children's area, but it is also a tool suitable for adults. This system consists of a simple program design which allows children to learn and get started in programming language with an interface.
This programming suggests its use step by step, however it is a very dynamic and easy to use program, even for children. It was created with the intention of help programming students , so the Massachusetts Institute of Technology has set proactive goals.
What is meant by programming?
It is the system that uses an algorithm and encodes it, getting the programming language which can later be installed on a PC. This is how the applications we have today appear in our operating system, or even in electronic devices.
What Scratch is for and how it works
When we think of a children's program we imagine something creative, attractive, then we will see what this visual program is for and how it works.
- Si can create simple video games.
- Animations with which we begin to connect the blocks until we reach the design.
- You can create the effect of rotating, rotating objects.
- Create dialogue with built-in music.
- Do math calculations.
- Connect objects by moving them.
- You can make changes to the objects in the Costume tab, the look of the background can also be changed and make your programming attractive.
- Through the Events the graphic union of the blocks is realized and the actions are carried out.
- Basic controls are used, just select the object, swipe and release, very easily.
- You can reduce the size of the object
- Establish communication sensors.
- With the Numbers tab, add the math operation of the object.
The basic functions allow logical development in the child , which encourages the creativity or ingenuity of the computer developer.
Scratch card features
To encourage you to use this computer program, we show you the basic features of this program, which make it different from others.
- È free software , its installation is compatible with any operating system.
- Suitable for ages 6 to 16, but can be used by any adult.
- Graphic blocks.
- Easy to use interface.
- Simple commands.
- You can share your results through the web.
- It is available in Spanish , although the language can be changed.
- He has a cat doing his homework with blocks, it's the Scratch logo.
- Contains examples to help guide you in getting started with your programming project.
- You can work directly online or simply have it installed on your PC.
Although we have previously analyzed how Scratch's visual program works, in the following list we will reduce the main functions. Note that you have started the program and are starting to build the computer with blocks, so you can do the following.
- Mathematical operators.
- Editable variables.
These actions will allow you to identify what you want to do in the schedule, they are visually accessible and if you want to change it you can easily do it. Also it can be deleted and restarted which makes it didactic especially for school-age children.
Now you just need to download and install Scratch on your computer, be part of the users of these digital learning educational programs. Give a great resource to the little ones of the house, while having fun and learning too to use a valuable IT tool.Read How to Rename Start Menu Applications in Windows 10