The mobile phone industry has made great strides in terms of progress . Recalling that around 40 years ago, phones the size and weight of a block were used, and currently devices have been developed that weigh not even 200 grams.
What to do when a cell phone is dropped in water or gets wet and won't turn on
With its progress, however, other needs arise. Such as taking pictures with greater width and sharpness, better signal quality for messages or calls, large storage capacity even in equipment with the ability to withstand accidents that escape our hands, such as expose the phone to water .
There are times when dropping your mobile into a bucket of water, down the toilet or into the washing machine ends in total catastrophe, as it can cause your device to get lost or it can even be repaired if your mobile gets wet.
Other situations that can affect your mobile phone are that it falls and the image is not seen or that it has scratches on the screen , but we will focus on if a non-water resistant phone gets wet.
What to do when a mobile phone falls into water or gets wet and won't turn on?
The first thing you should do is not panic, calm down and act quickly. We have designed some activities that might be appropriate to avoid serious damage to your mobile phone . Next, we will present the main options you can take when this event occurs:
- In case the device is connected to the charger, you have to first lower the switch that distributes electricity to the whole house or to the place where you are. If you try to retrieve your cell phone and dip your hands into the water, there may be an electric shock in your body. Which would lead to a catastrophe.
- Remove the device from the water as soon as possible
- Take towels or paper towels and remove as much water as possible
- Even if the mobile still makes sounds, vibrations or some sign that it is still working, it is not advisable to restart it , as this can cause a short circuit.
- If your device has a removable battery, uncover and remove it
- Take out the SIM card , as well as the external memory card and any other accessories carried by the mobile.
- You must use some type of compressed air device such as a vacuum cleaner or even a hair dryer. If you don't have it for the moment, you can place your mobile briefly in front of the fan or in the sun's rays.
- There are studies that have shown that rice , being an absorbent type of grain, it can effectively remove the greatest amount of moisture in its environment. So it is recommended to take a considerable amount and fill a fee. Then insert the mobile and leave it there for around 48-72 hours.
- If you have silica sachets (these are the sachets of gel that we find in some products such as shoes and which are used to absorb humidity). Put a few next to the device and rice, that can help too.
- After the estimated time you can proceed to try to turn it on and with luck on your side the mobile will work as it did before the accident.
What you should know about your cell phone water test
No cell phone type is made to be waterproof . The mobile phone industry has been clear in insisting that its devices be water resistant.
This means that a mobile phone that has been exposed to water for a few seconds can function normally, but this is variable, because factors such as prolonged exposure and elements such as salt can corrosive and damage the mobile phone the same way .mobile.
How do waterproof devices work?
A mobile device is made with multiple holes. Both in the slot to charge the battery, in the hole to insert headphones, in the rear and front camera, in the flash among others. All of these are access channels for water .
The answer to this problem has been the rubber gaskets designed to be packed and compressed tightly within the device to provide enhanced mobile security.
If your phone isn't waterproof, you can turn it into a water phone and use it underwater. Technology is advancing day by day and the time will come when we can use our mobile phones in any type of environment. Without any kind of fear.