Social networks are the main communication channel that people have today, especially the most used, Facebook. Through these platforms it is possible to relocate new friends, make new friends or obtain and disseminate information of interest.
There are many reasons for keeping an active account. Having problems with yours? Even if you put the correct password on Facebook, won't it let you in? Do not worry! The solution is here.
If you are one of the people who has accounts on different social networks, it is not surprising that you forget some of them. Out of a lot of conviction, it may be that you just changed it and don't remember it. Otherwise, if you have the 100% safety which is your password, you will have to do something about it.
The importance of a secure password
Everything in life evolves and technological tools, such as social networks, do not escape that idea. Over the years, it has been advised to use strong, easy-to-remember passwords. In some cases, uppercase and lowercase letters, letters and signs. All this, with the intention of preventing intruders from stealing your account.
It probably won't be hard to believe. Facebook, being one of the most famous social networks in the world, has an impressive hacking rate . This is because many of its users do not have sufficient security parameters.
Identify the session logon problem
If you enter the correct password on Facebook and it doesn't let you in, you need to make sure what the problem is. In many cases, the answer is as simple as make changes to your account settings and don't remember . Such changes can be either password or email.
So, to exclude, it is convenient to try other combinations. You can even log into Facebook using your phone number, an option that could prove to be very useful.
If you are using the for automatically complete the data you enter to log into Facebook, you should check your cookies. It is important to remember that this element is used for information storage. By using Facebook constantly, cookies store information about the email and password used.
It is likely that the data stored simply do not match the new email or password to log in to Facebook. In this case, deleting Facebook cookies could help you log in without major problems.Read How can I disconnect from the signal from the desktop on my PC or laptop?
You have already reviewed the data over and over again, you are convinced that it is correct. Still can't log into your Facebook account? Then it's time to start weighing deeper options.
Victim of phishing
This is just one of the dangers that social networks hide. On Facebook, as mentioned above, a lot of information is shared and disseminated.
Much of this information, unfortunately, is not intended to benefit you. Phishing is a very common practice on social networks to steal your personal information . This is accomplished by clicking on websites that contain some type of malware. You can avoid this by following some tips such as not accessing unknown links or setting the privacy of your computer very well.
What to do in these cases?
In these types of circumstances, it is always advisable to keep some functions inherent in operating systems active. In the case of Windows 10 there is the " SmartScreen filter ", a function capable of detecting dangerous sites.
In the same way, browsers also have these kinds of functions . In them, you are warned of the risks of accessing an unreliable platform. It will be up to you to enter or exit.
Facebook login error: how to fix it
Sometimes we may try to log into our Facebook account but we get some sort of error, most likely because we haven't remembered our password or username.
If so, we need to quickly change it from the configuration Modify password, so we can enter again, later we will explain in more detail how to change the Facebook password. Remember to write down your password in a place where you will not forget it.
Another very common reason is that you can't log into your Facebook account because you did not follow le security rules application, so it is very likely that you have the suspended account. You have to wait for the time that the application gave you to be able to enter again.
If you violate the safety rules, the most likely thing is that you have used an insult, or a fake name, among other things that are prohibited. To fix this, if the problem wasn't that bad, you can fill out a form or form. If the problem was not that serious at the time of its resolution, it is very likely that your account will be returned to you immediately.
Read How to prevent open tasks from blocking Windows 10 from shutting down
How to recover or change my Facebook account password?
Once you have verified that your account information has been stolen, you should immediately proceed with the recovery. To do this, you need to follow the following instructions:
- Search for your profile on Facebook.
- Click on the three dots that appear under your profile photo.
- Select the option " Seek help or report the profile ".
- In the menu that appears, click "Another Problem" until you see " Retrieve this account ".
From here, you need to provide Facebook with enough information to prove that the account belongs to you. By doing the above and following all the instructions, you will log in with your Facebook account again.
Retrieve an account with a trusted contact
We must find the solution to be able to recover our Facebook account as soon as possible, try to recover the account through a family member or a close friend. To do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, you must be within the Facebook platform, preferably in its web version.
- When you are there, go to the profile of the contact or friend you want to help recover the account.
- Find the three dots (...) at the bottom of the cover photo.
- And you will have to select Search Help or Report Profile.
- Then select Other problem and then Next.
- Click on Recover this account and there you have to follow each of the steps shown by the platform.
Verification of the passage
Two-step verification, in a new security method that is reaching all virtual platforms. The idea is to help us protect our Facebook account from thefts. If you want to use XNUMX-Step Verification, you will be asked to enter a special passcode.
Also, you confirm the login attempt when a person (other than you) try to log into your account, from a mobile phone or web browser you don't recognize. Apart from that, you can also configure it to activate notifications that will alert you when someone tries to enter.
To be able to activate XNUMX-Step Verification you need to do:
- On your Facebook, go to security and access settings.
- You'll look where it says Use two-step authentication , which is always a little below. Select Edit.
- Now you can choose the security method you are going to add and then you have to follow the steps that the page will give you.
Keep in mind that Facebook will ask you to choose a security method when you turn on XNUMX-Step Verification. You can enter the security key on a compatible device. Additionally, you can choose a passcode from an authentication app. Also, you can receive SMS from your mobile.
With email or phone number
Another fairly common and simple method is to recover your Facebook account by email or phone number that you have associated with your account. It is one of the oldest but reliable and fastest methods.
Follow the steps explained below to be able to recover your account using the methods mentioned above:
- First, you need to be on the Facebook page and then select Recover your account.
- A box will open where you can enter your phone number or email.
- Type in your preferred method and select Search.
- If you select by phone number , a screen will appear where you will see if they send you the recovery code via SMS. If it is with the email , they will send you the code like this, so you must have it handy.
- Now you have to write down the code that the platform sent you in the corresponding box.
- Then, you will choose a new password. When you have it ready, press Continue.
- This way you have already recovered your Facebook account.
Can I report a Facebook login problem? - How and where?
Facebook is a fairly open application, where you can report any errors or violations committed by third parties. So if you can do it easily. Follow the steps below to report a problem, be it login or whatever the problem is:
- Report a problem from the Facebook site.
- Enter the page and press at the top right on Facebook.
- Here you will select Help and support.
- Now, press Report a problem and you will follow the instructions they tell you.
And voila, in this simple way you can report all the errors you want and present in your Facebook account.