If you are thinking of taking advantage of the fact that the Windows 10 operating system is free, but you are afraid of installing Windows 10 because of things you have read. Or, if you already have it and are wondering " Why is my Windows 10 PC freezing? »
This is the right article for you. A small guide that will solve your doubts about the malfunction of your computer with the latest deliveries from Microsoft.
Keep in mind that the spectrum of problems your PC can present is too broad to cover in a single publication. With which, we will try to give you one options overview to follow in the face of certain "symptoms", but may not fix some more complex things.
For any inconvenience beyond what is contained in this tutorial, I recommend that you contact Microsoft support for Windows 10. This communication channel, with a specialized Microsoft technician , it will be adequate (even if it takes some time) to solve serious problems.
Before proceeding ask yourself what kind of faults occur on your Windows 10 PC, which will help you orient yourself and quickly follow the appropriate method, which we will introduce later. If different things happen, don't worry, everything has a solution.
Now yes, turn on your computer and start testing. In case your PC crashed while following this tutorial, don't worry, there is always the option to view your browsing history and go back to the article again.
Why is my Windows 10 PC freezing?
We have already mentioned that there are many reasons for that can cause your PC to malfunction . But generally, these are activated due to lack of maintenance; due to the use of very heavy programs that we can uninstall; lack of RAM; or, the worst harm for a PC, the presence of a virus.
Read What can we do with the Internet of Things of 5G technology?
What to do when my Windows 10 PC freezes? Solution
- The most important thing is that you stay calm. Occasionally, when you run a program, your computer cannot respond automatically. The thing is, after a few seconds, it will still work flawlessly. In this period, do not try to continue opening the program (or others programs several), because you will cause it more crashes
- If a program is not responding, you can type the command Ctrl + Shift + Esc . With this, you will run the task manager, from which you will have the option to force the program to close which slows down your PC. Therefore, you can resume your activities without further delay.
- Find out how to create a file with the .BAT extension , which has the ability to clean RAM memory while running.
- In case none of the above options worked, you can resort when you shut down or restart your computer . For this you will use the on / off button, or the restart button, both present on the tower. This is only recommended in extreme cases, where nothing else works, as it could cause damage to the operating system.
- If the shutdown button and the reset button are also disabled, it uses the PC disconnection.
Tips to prevent Windows 10 from freezing
- Update your antivirus software and run a scan for threats. Repeat the scan weekly.
- Make the preventive and corrective maintenance of the your computer every six months.
- Expand the RAM memory of your computer. Be sure to consult a technician to find out which type of RAM is compatible with your PC model.
- Format your PC from time to time (recommended once a year). Always remembering to back up any programs and files you don't want to lose.
If you follow all our advice, you should no longer have problems with freezing on your PC, unless it is a serious problem.